The Greatest High Stakes Poker Moment Of All Time!

K

Kick The Bucket

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is brilliant. Matusow was not happy.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is brilliant. Matusow was not happy.

Can you blame him? When I first saw that I was SCREAMING at the screen. I have to admit I lost a little respect for Matusow after seeing that.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Matusow make a grave mistake by not reraising.

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the greatest part of the whole hand was after phil bet 40K on river, mike said "I know phil never bets the river if he really doesnt have it." i about died, and im sure hellmuth did as well!

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the fact that before that hand mattusow is telling everyone what a fish hellmuth is. Glorious Timing! I love phil hellmuth so much more after this.

YEpp

YEpp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello [FIRST POST]

well, mattusow scared the 3 of kind and with a 40K on the river, he can fold KK, he made an mistake to not BIGraise the flop, but maybe he wants to made a trap to Hellmuth, if the river was a deuce, it would be better :)

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I am with Esfandiari on this one. After the hand was over, mouth all agape, "HOW COULD HE FOLD KINGS THERE?"

Yup that pretty much summed up my feelings.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a huge fold, maybe mattusow was trying to look good on the cameras and just misplayed the situation?

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya wow that was amazing haha pretty funny stuff, sounds like a fun game to play

horghe

horghe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW, that was amazing, i am a fan of Matusow but he really does get himself in trouble with the stuff he says "fish" "never bets big on the river if he doesnt have anything"
massive laugh, great video, thanx

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Matusow played that terribly every street, as a result had basically no info on Hellmuth's holding and even then should have still made the call, instead making a 'hero' laydown which went wrong.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hellmuth is a gangster and i have even more respect for him now

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best part of that is everyone had to give hellmuth $500, bc of the 7 2 rule they made that stated if anyone wins a hand with 2 7 then everyone owes that person $500...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What no one has mentioned is that Phil admits to knowing that Mike only had the one buy-in with him, so if he went bust there, then it was goodbye Mikey.

This would have added confidence to Phils betting and weakened Mikes ability to call the large bet on the end.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great stuff, my favorite high stakes poker video though is where Gus and Daniel battle it out with all the 55's and 66's i think Gus made quad fives or something and Daniel a full house i cant remember still great stuff!

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great vid!
I remember seeing this for the first time, i was amazed. Great way to start the new season!

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easy for us to criticize Mike there but we know what the card were. I wish I could lay down hands like that, when I need to.

JRaD

JRaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah eNTy I watched that one, Negreanu probably felt so sick after that haha I would probably throw up

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
na the best hand is when there are 2 limpers and farha raises blind from the button, the 2 limpers call. They both the check to farha who bets again on flop still without looking at his cards once, and the other 2 fold knowing he was betting blind

I

Iwantpasswords

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ROFL. WOW, that was some entertainment. I'm surprised Matusow wasn't raising.

Tobmeister

Tobmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is, if Helmuth had pocket Qs or Js then his set would completely fit, so Matusow was either making a good laydown, and would be able to say how amazing he was, or he gets pwned!!

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you see the one where sam farha called phil's big raise with K7o against phils QQ and of course he hit the K. poor phil

worditst

worditst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I WISH I HAD THE GUTS TO bluff SOMEONE OUT OF POCKET KINGS! haha