emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Let's face it, no matter how excruciating it can be, on line or live, Poker is a spectator sport. We are forced to deal with a pace that could only be described as "Snugs" or "Slails", depending on the preference for who goes first, the slug or the snail, the snail or the slug, either way poker watching is only exciting for people that like bird watching or fishing, unless you are watching a supposed pro get his ass kicked by an amateur.

I think Poker should be an Olympic sport, they could have tournaments to decide the best 20 players from each country that allow legal poker, America would only be able to play games in legal poker cities as it stands, that is not very many, but still they could figure it out.

Some countries would not make it, but hey, anything is better than synchronized swimming, hell a synchronized clock would be more exciting, they should have a person from each team take arrows (sticky) and pelt the swimmers during the routine, that would be fun, but I digress.

No stress, poker watching is a painstaking experience if you do not have patience, otherwise it depends on what your are smoking, toking or drinking, but here is the thing, if you are a serious poker player, amateur or pro, there has to be an ability to read what is going on at the table, on line or live. The problem with on line play is there is the automatic rush to judgement, then there are the obvious jerks slow playing just to piss you off, depends on what type of game it is as to how much patience I am going to have.

When I am serious, I watch everything, if it is cash game especially, the danger is playing more than one game and falling down that "TILT" hole. Makes for good drama though when I flame out, I flame out BIG!:turtle::reddy::turtle:

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, it’s not clear what the post is about. Some kind of confused set of words! Poker will never become an Olympic sport — there is too much excitement, luck and luck in it. Attracting more spectators to tournaments offline will also fail. Too specific type of activity.