Great book

A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really enjoyed the book "Decide to Play Great Poker " Annie Duke. Someone who read could give your opinion on this work . I am also open to reading suggestions to evolve in the game.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I studied only play video lessons from YouTube,they really helped me,then watched the pros,but the books never used if it is good and helps lead you to success tell us more please

A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I studied only play video lessons from YouTube,they really helped me,then watched the pros,but the books never used if it is good and helps lead you to success tell us more please

In this book the author shows how to play the hand situation. For example , Top pair in position with the initiative in multiway . She tries not to show hand in hand because in his words that would be an insane exercise. I highly recommend this book because with him my game has evolved a lot.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I like Ace on the River by Barry Greenstein. It may NOT teach you about all the math & what to do in every situation, but it teaches you a lot of other things that you may not think of when playing poker.

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great book - shows position play and makes you think about how to extract the best value. Haven't finished it yet - so much to absorb.
Super System is good to start with - this book is just the next step up to a higher level of understanding and play
GREAT.

A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great book - shows position play and makes you think about how to extract the best value. Haven't finished it yet - so much to absorb.
Super System is good to start with - this book is just the next step up to a higher level of understanding and play
GREAT.

It really is a lot of information and raise our game to a much higher level.

lionking_kg

lionking_kg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just take a look at Annie's book and i agree with most of you but as always it becomes that decisions you make can take to something good or bad but you must have some strategy and this book gives some .

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually study very Poker both book and video, I never read the book but all and to add to improve your game and valid. If you can read this book in the future, I will read it.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In this book the author shows how to play the hand situation. For example , Top pair in position with the initiative in multiway . She tries not to show hand in hand because in his words that would be an insane exercise. I highly recommend this book because with him my game has evolved a lot.

Exactly! Remember that each person has a better way of absorb yours knowledge (auditory, visual or kinesthetic). If for you is through of books, then maybe can be better follow this way. ;)

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can also create your own code and learn from it! That's what I do, allows you to explore whatever you want. The only unknown left after that is reading your opponents!

Uclaguy74

Uclaguy74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im currently half way thru Jonathan Little's Excelling at No Limit Holdem. Great book with a wide variety of the game. A must have in my opinion

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me watching videos is also very good , I think that combine both videos and books is very good, and also analyze your own hands helps a lot

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really liked the book - Jonathan Little "Excelling at No-limit Hold'em". In poker it is considered from different angles. Learned a lot of new and useful things.

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are tons of great poker books i definantly like super systems that was easy to comprehend and had alot of good tidbits to help any poker player and any level learn new and improved methods of playing

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good book. I really like Annie Duke. She's very smart. But, like I just posted in another topic, I'll also recommend Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book. Those 2 book probably helped improve my game more than any other books I've read. Some of that may be due to where I was in my poker "career" when I first read them, but the content is also fantastic.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a great book, ofcourse it takes a lot of time to read it, atleast for me. but ofcourse it is wearth it.

A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good book. I really like Annie Duke. She's very smart. But, like I just posted in another topic, I'll also recommend Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book. Those 2 book probably helped improve my game more than any other books I've read. Some of that may be due to where I was in my poker "career" when I first read them, but the content is also fantastic.

My friend will look fondly those books you mentioned.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone give me some not to miss books revelant to poker math and tournaments? I've recently been coming across a lot of cash games books but not so many relevant to mtt players any help top 5?

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books

Thanks for the heads up about Annie Duke's book. I think most of us out here have read super system. I'm going to see if my local library can get their paws on it. Did it come out relatively recently?

A

alecspr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the heads up about Annie Duke's book. I think most of us out here have read super system. I'm going to see if my local library can get their paws on it. Did it come out relatively recently?

I'm from brazil and you?