Does losing a hand make you a bad player?

E

eletor2020

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times I have read or heard that a player loses a hand, plays it badly and then is a bad player. Do you think a player can be properly evaluated for losing a hand?

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
That would be the same as saying that a soccer team that wins a tournament is bad because it lost a game.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that after only one hand you can rate a player like bad or good player.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In my opinion a regular player could also play one hand bad because he is in the mood for it or he don't use his A-play because tournament is not important to him. Generally i would say you can't judge a player by one hand he lost.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This claim is completely wrong. Losing a hand is very common, and very good players also make mistakes, there are days when they don't play badly, that is, it's totally normal.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Personally, I think that I am an average player who is improving more and more, I am good compared to a large number of other players, especially at low levels, sometimes you cannot avoid losing against players who are bad and they beat me. Man, that makes me very angry, I hope to go up to higher levels and I think if I manage to go up, it's because I'm a good player, of course there's always variance.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You cant evaluate a player with only one hand, but you can presume how he plays.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All players make mistakes from time to time, and making one doesn't mean you are a bad player. The secret for success in any endeavor is to keep that number of mistakes as low as possible. Losing a hand isn't necessarily due to making mistakes either, and doesn't mean you are a bad player. Even the "Splendid Splinter" failed most of the time. :)

Ted Williams 406 Failed 6 of 10

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You can evaluate a player only after he has played poker consistently for a period of time. His results, wins and losses, their balance make the evaluation of the player

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think you can judge a player based on that, but only on his results and that's not enough either, because there are also players who just like to gamble with risk. I've lost so many hands with the better starting hand and am I a bad player because of that? I do not think so ! there are phases in poker where you don't win anything for weeks, that's normal because luck is always part of it.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Of course not, I don't think that a player can be evaluated for a simple badly played hand, maybe that day was a bad day for him, or that he is confused or tired, I think that in order to evaluate him well we should have followed everything his career in poker

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think defining players as bad or good because he played one hand badly, then it's a mistake if he played his hand so badly throughout the tournament, then you can say that this player is very bad

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A good player at a distance with good cards wins a lot of money, and with bad cards he loses little money.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands