Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, both of these factors are very important. But I am convinced that in the long run, skills are more important.
Good luck.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can’t get away with some skills alone, luck must always accompany

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck and skill, which is more important in poker, some people think that the main skill is luck, and I think that the skill is good and of course a little luck. What do you think? Your opinion?
The main skill, luck is important only at a short distance

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definetly luck... l saw when luck make 100proc from 0,7... when guy who wins even cant imagine he can wins... 2.5 calls all in

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck sooner or later ends - the skill remains with you forever !!!

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play many years and always I though that skill is main thing but last month skill is just going against me. Worsest hand are beating me so often that I even want to quit playing :( something is not right

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck and skill, which is more important in poker, some people think that the main skill is luck, and I think that the skill is good and of course a little luck. What do you think? Your opinion?
For me, there are different types of luck and skill in the game, in a cash game there are more skills, players shove less in the all-in AK AD play more in collecting combinations, and for me in the cash game somewhere 80% of the skills and the rest for luck, and in tournaments I noticed many times that many players often play all-in on AQ AJ AK and many players are helped not by skills but just luck and in the tournament for me 60-70% of skills and the rest is played by luck!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course skill. Variance (luck) is always here but in a long run skill is decisive.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's better to have both, obviously.
Even most skillful players have their lucky streaks sometimes, but there is nobody, who stood lucky on a long run...

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my games what I playing, 60% of win depends from skill, 20% of luck and 20% of brakes to avoid merging

K

killercon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need luck

you need luck. you need to be able to ger the cards. hope that your pocket aces hold up. hope you ger ypur flush or straight draws. hope you flop a high hand when they have a high hand promo. and hope you can ger the bad end of the bad beat jack pot. so luck is always better than skill. cause if it was just skill . same people would always win the big event in wsop. and the reason you do see the same people like phil helmuth is cause hes sponsered in eevey big tourny n onlu wons few just imagine how you would do if you were sponsered in every tourny and disnt have to worry about the money.:)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. I also believe that player skills play a more important role than luck. But both factors undoubtedly influence the result.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

the skill will always be the main factor, a good strategy, a good mechanism, and of course sometimes having the good luck to beat that runner runner !!!!! , but always most of the time it will be your skill that will lead you to success! and bring good luck!

:flute::burnout:

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always skill, Luck only last so long -
i use luck when im in a hand and went to far on pushing others around and went to far --- all i can do is cross my fingers lol

dopustim

dopustim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"There is no greater mistake in life than to confuse a bad game with bad luck"

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any given poker hand luck is King, and beats skill by a landslide. The problem is that you can't do anything to improve or control your luck, but you can constantly improve your skill.
The wheel of luck keeps turning while skill, on the other hand, does not fluctuate randomly.
So over the long term, skill is King.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all-in preflop is luck.

all-in after river is skill.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The skill affects closed cards. Reading opponents. Stealing the blinds. The calculation of chances. Pressure by raises and re-raises. bluff. In a word the skills work until you open the cards. Then it all depends on luck. Luck decides a lot. Moreover, even pocket pairs depend on luck. But how you play them depends on the skill.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in streaks

There is no doubt that skill and luck both play a place in poker, however I am rapidly learning that good luck and bad luck seem to run in streaks. Today I was in the 888 $500 freeroll early in the tourney, I had amassed about three times the chips of all at my table, I get 10 10 end up all in against 63suited, yep he flushes, a few hands later I get AKsuited end up all in again and lose to 55, and three times is unlucky, I have KK all in and am covered by AJ he flops AJ and I am done, so the bad luck just like the good luck runs in streaks, now if only we could tell in advance which cycle (good or bad ) are we in...lol:)

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the skill and most importantly,
not everything in life is achieved only with luck, you need to sweat your shirt, work hard, aim for a goal there when least expect to reach your goal with the help of luck!

Last edited:
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck ... I would rather be lucky than good

Short term I agree. Given a time frame long-term enough where luck becomes overshadowed by probability equalizing, then I'd rather have skill. Luck helps short-term; skill prevails long term.