Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who have actually been before

give me recommendations of good games/tournies, shows, things to do etc etc etc etc

I do not want people telling me how to isolate fish in $1/2 cash games :)

Ty :)

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL..I just posted last night that I'm heading to Vegas today for the first time. I found a site that lists Vegas poker rooms - I'm not sure if I can post the link, but I just did a search on "Vegas Poker Rooms" and it brought up a site that lists the daily tournaments, buy-ins, starting stack, avg. # of players, etc. There are daily tournaments that start at $30 all the way up to $335.

Good luck!

UnNa7uRal

UnNa7uRal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! Crush them. Show some CC power ! :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am in a hurry right now but will come back to this later. Where will you be staying?

Yea those Apps are handy - there is another one too that even has the tournament clocks on it - will have to see what it is.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Send me the apps, and thank Dakota was hoping you'd pop up

staying in Excalibur

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah - All Vegas Poker was the one I'm thinking of. I'm there tonight, coming back on Tuesday.

There are apps for my phone that will provide tournament details?

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah - All Vegas Poker was the one I'm thinking of. I'm there tonight, coming back on Tuesday.

There are apps for my phone that will provide tournament details?

Never mind...found 'em.

sunburnt2k11

sunburnt2k11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. dress very nicely. 2. the drinks are free 3. don't gamble what you can't afford to lose :) and good luck! out there in sin city :)

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. dress very nicely. 2. the drinks are free 3. don't gamble what you can't afford to lose :) and good luck! out there in sin city :)

The drinks are free if you are playing a game. And tipping is expected even if you are drinking for free.

I highly advise no alcohol at the poker table unless you want to end up being one of the drunk tourist fish. If that's your game - have at it.

For your first time - take some time to walk around and see the sights. The center strip is a blast (City Center/Bellagio/Caesars/Venetian). My favorite "free drink" is to throw $20 in a video poker machine at the Book & Stage at the Cosmo and drink top shelf Scotch. Your mileage may vary.

Also, if you are in the mood, find a way down to the Freemont Street experience on a weekend night. The insanity of some of the folks is worth the trip.

Most of the folks around here prefer the MTT's at Aria and Venetian. The ones you will find at Excalibur and MGM are a bit too hyper-turbo format for your money. AVP is an excellent resource.

Good luck, keep your wallet close and your pants on. :cool:

sparky_rose69

sparky_rose69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And most importantly be sure to have fun!! Play the games you know is also a good tip! Best of luck to you hope you hit it big.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live poker is unbearable without alcohol anyway. Cash games honestly you'll be able to find 1/2 pretty much anywhere get the bravo App and you can check for sure the softest rooms will be the ones where 1/2 is the highest that runs oh and don't play at Venetian becuase **** Adelson.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh and as for shows Penn & Teller is pretty much the nuts.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just ask yourself, what would Charlie sheen do?
good things will follow

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your staying at The Rio try and hit the VooDoo lounge up on the roof. Its a pretty sweet club with excellent views.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - bravo was the other app. I use both of them because they have different features.

I strongly recommend the Aria for tournaments. You are reasonably close to there. As Zach said cash games are good everywhere.

There are hardly any good tournaments less than $125 - really wouldn't bother with them.

Check out the fountain show at the Bellagio. Save some time to just soak in the strip - it is an amazing place to be.

Downtown is a whole other place - it is too far from the strip to bother with unless you just want to experience it one time at night.

There is a beautiful homeless girl there on the strip with her dog. You can find her if you use the crosswalk from Bally's near the elevator on the other side. I totally fell for her story and gave her some money. Give her $20 and I will pay you back. :)

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah for sure especially on friday/saturday nights just walking around the strip is really fun, everyone partying/drinking/having a good time even on normal week nights it's just awesome.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In for lulz and updates.

Slash I'll get there eventually, so this thread will be a good resource at some point.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
orrrrr you could use the $20 to kick the guy in the nuts. (or do both)

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are going to want to change hotels. As far as cash games go I found The Wynn and The Venetian have good games. I heard that the Venetian just renovated their poker room for the 2nd time in a few years. I havent been there in a year. If you want an awesome dinner go to Jean Georges in Aria. Get a steak with froie gras its amazing. If you want to get drunk and play low limit table games go to O"Shea's if it is still there. I heard the last time I was there that it might close and turn into a ultra lounge. If it is still there it is a fun place to hang out. If you are looking for places where young people hang out I would go to either the MGM, New York New York, or any one of the clubs at The Venetian. The ghost bar is something to see at The Palms. If you need late night eats go to the MGM diner. Sorry for the long post I have been missing Vegas.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
O'Sheas gone someone got stabbed there lol.

Oh and also if you don't mind paying 100ish (more if getting alcohol) for a steak, by far the best steak I've had is at Cut in the Palazzo (between Palazzo and Venetian but technically still in Palazzo which I don't think I'm spelling right)

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long posts are good and i doubt ill change hotels lol

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O'Sheas gone someone got stabbed there lol.

Oh and also if you don't mind paying 100ish (more if getting alcohol) for a steak, by far the best steak I've had is at Cut in the Palazzo (between Palazzo and Venetian but technically still in Palazzo which I don't think I'm spelling right)

I could see that someone got stabbed there. It was a fun place not to spend a lot of money boozing...Someone's always got to ruin it for everyone. Is Cut the Emeril or Wolfgang Puck joint? If so I had friends eat there when I stayed at The Venetian, they said it was good.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If your hotel room has good internet you could always play online poker

of course you probably didn't plan on going to Vegas to play online but who knows they did that in 2 months 2 million...

Just remember with Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and all of these other things the internet provides the saying "what happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas" doesn't really apply anymore

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas