Going into a game with no expectations

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it bad that i Do better when i go into a game with no expectations of winning or making any money. I just Enjoy the the game now so much that i Love watching other players battle when im not in the hand. Before id have the expectation of the best hand should not be rivered out so often lol and that seemed to bring it around more often. Beginners would learn so much more i think if they really paid attention to the other players hands. Although to expect to always learn something each time you play is probably the best one. Keep Stacking all.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pregame - Meditate My Mind to a Blank

Is it bad that i Do better when i go into a game with no expectations of winning or making any money. I just Enjoy the the game now so much that i Love watching other players battle when im not in the hand. Before id have the expectation of the best hand should not be rivered out so often lol and that seemed to bring it around more often. Beginners would learn so much more i think if they really paid attention to the other players hands. Although to expect to always learn something each time you play is probably the best one. Keep Stacking all.

Pregame I meditate my mind to a blank.

Quiet.

No expectation - no pressure - no demand.

See what comes - see what happens - see how others react to my play.

As the great Bruce Lee said, "Be like water."

Be prepared and adjust to the situation.

Sometimes I can do this in 2 minutes. Other times it may take longer to quiet my mind.

Good luck !

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Is it bad that i Do better when i go into a game with no expectations of winning or making any money.

Guess you correct. This ^ so bad that you'd literally practice it in cardchat games hehe ...

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good. My best results were in this state. When I come to play just like that. But not always. Sometimes I bet when I don't have to and quickly fly out of the tournament. Therefore, it is difficult to say what the victory depends on. It is important that there is a card, then you can win in any state. And, so that there are weak players nearby who easily discard the card.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right . There is a proverb - learn from the mistakes of others.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I see no reason to do this during the game. For this, there are interesting channels about poker on YouTube and Twitch.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Participation in game with no expectation of success, it is better not to enter. Starting out as a loser will only confirm defeat before reaching the final table.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always win when I least expect it, I think the winning players tend to be the ones; that don’t only play because of the money, they simply enjoy the game itself and the money is a boosting motivation.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wrote a post in another thread about emotions and about "expectations". I believe that losing our expectations of winning a particular hand is a key to success and a key to becoming a 'good poker player'. When I see someone getting emotional over a poker hand, I realize that person still has a lot to learn at the game, they still have a long way to go before they 'get good' at the game.

It is perfectly natural as a human being to get emotional - I'm not saying we all need to turn into robots without emotion, don't misunderstand my words in that post... we should NEVER lose the JOY of playing this great game we all love so much... but we certainly should never get mad or angry or upset over the results of any 'bad beat' or 'cooler', because it is just one hand in a lifetime of poker hands.

From reading your words, it sounds to me like you have made much progress in poker, and you are well on your way to becoming a good poker player. Congratulations! Just remember, lose the anger but never lose the joy. :D

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that thanks to the players who play for fun, poker will live forever. No wonder only 10% of players have a positive result.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you are there to have fun no matter what, everything is ok.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always need to enter the game without expectations, if you hope you will never win, I had a chance to play I didn’t want to play a freeroll at 888, but I didn’t want to sleep and decided to play there, as a result I took 2nd place out of 8K players and won $ 16 , I was very surprised that I was so lucky.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always sit down to play with the attitude that I can fly out of the tournament at any moment and do not build any hopes! But I also try to keep track of the hands of my opponents, it only works if I play one or two tables, if I play three tables, I don't have time to closely follow my opponents! And of course it's better to learn from other people's mistakes than from your own! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I never count on money, and that's probably why I always enjoy the game. I play for fun and money is a nice gift for me. I have good enough results, my bankroll is growing and I think this is because the priority for me is the game itself and not the money I can win.
Good luck.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a great idea! The less pressure you put on yourself the better.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I enter a poker tournament my competitive mindset is to always win and be number 1 above all. But at the same time my other mindset is to play and anything goes either I win, make the final table, cash out in the money, or just lose lose and don't bubble. Poker you have to let and allow that anything goes.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, no expectations of winning money but the efforts of making good decisions all the time no matter what happens.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always good results when the game without expectation

Good morning everyone, I believe this happens with many players, I will always play a Mtt without any expectation of winning I have excellent results, being more specific my best results were precisely in this situation.
I was watching a professional poker player Vivi Saliba on twitch and she is an ambassador for 888poker in brazil and I was distributing tickets on the live and I was one of the draws and won a $50 ticket to play a Mtt that has the 2nd, it was 1st time I played a big Mtt with day 2, where the Mtts I play are $1 or $2.20.
My expectation was to play just to try to get to day 2 without even intending to pay and in the 1st hand I doubled it was a BB T9s, the flop 8 7 6 villain bet high against 3 players I raised it back All in with 54s and it came good cards all the time I finished on day 1 out of 566 players, on the day my rating was 106 out of 1420 and from 1000 I was already awarding $100 I had 0.06 in my 888poker account I thought about doubling everything to guarantee $100 and once again there were good cards every time villain with 10bb in the BU All in vs hero KK BB and I gained chips and ended up at 96? place I won $800, my best poker result to date.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course, well said:), I never have high expectations for a poker tournament, I just like it and it just relaxes me to play the game itself.:)

igorneia

igorneia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I love playing poker even when the odds don't favor me I've been surprised several times.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well luck is luck and the mindset does not affect it. will affect your decisions but not luck

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to disagree this time, my big wins were all won because I played tight. Maybe playing tight and having no expectations is more correct for me, I still feel its hard to say no to all in on ace queen without seeing the flop? Loose to pocket 3s it makes me sad.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Playing with no complex, or commitment, in other words playing as free as possible, vanishes largely, anxiety and nervousness. You enjoy the game and win more!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me, poker is a hobby, so I play just for fun. Of course, I win money from time to time, but I never count on it. In poker, our luck decides a lot, so counting on winning money is the same as counting on luck.

Top 10 Games