Congrats Zach on the $2 million finish!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats Zach on the $2 million finish!

Thanks, and don't get me wrong I was happy to do that well (although I just hit the kind of hand that always doubles you up, AA vs. AJ flop comes AJx), but there was $300 for 2,000 and up and I got all-in AK vs. QJ. If the AK had held up I would have pretty much been guaranteed another $120, although I'm not really upset since we both played it the way we had to, it was a turbo, just very very high stakes.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update:

After almost 6k hands after that last post, I've been running at 4.61 BB/100 and am up $136.60 not counting that tournament win. I'm very happy with that, it corresponds to about $15/hour. Obviously I know it hasn't been long-term, but I definitely haven't been on a super heater. I think I'm playing much better poker after concentrating on 2 main things. First off increasing my aggression and second off not paying off opponents when I'm probably beat. I almost didn't post this OP just because I thought it was a bit too self-centered, but it sounds like other people had the same problem. Hope it's going well for everyone else with the same problem (well, for everyone regardless of if they did actually :)).

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm playing much better poker after concentrating on 2 main things. First off increasing my aggression and second off not paying off opponents when I'm probably beat. I almost didn't post this OP just because I thought it was a bit too self-centered, but it sounds like other people had the same problem. Hope it's going well for everyone else with the same problem (well, for everyone regardless of if they did actually :)).

Those are the two biggest leaks I have. Not extracting enough value and not giving draws bad odds by btting to small in relation to pot size and not folding to aggression enough when I have a medium strengt hand.

We are very much alike except that I win at 18bb/100 over 25k hands at $25NL (<-- shameless self brag:p ). Note bb=$0.25

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are very much alike except that I win at 18bb/100 over 25k hands at $25NL (<-- shameless self brag:p ). Note bb=$0.25

lol ouch. That one hurts :)

But in all seriousness good job, looks like we should both be moving up to 50nl soon, where I'm sure you'll outperform me there as well :)

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down 6 buy-ins over 6k hands in the 2 shots at $50NL ive taken.

Decided it better to sort my bet sizing and folding on later streets out at $25NL and then move up.

Maybe im just on a 25K hand heater?