Getting over a loss of loved one

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I haven't posted anything in a while. Been trying to work through the loss of my oldest son. He was only 25 and it is really killing me. I have been going through grief counseling and getting help in every aspect of this tragedy but this one. He was not only my son but my closest sounding board on our poker endeavours. His dream was to win a wsop bracelet and I know he would have. He had such a passion for the game. We were each others go to to discuss hand histories, strategy, and just to vent about sessions. I guess my question is how do you go back to the felt after losing someone who was not only your son but who you think about everytime your at the table. I mean I haven't played since he passed and we're having a memorial game tomorrow in his honor and I don't know if I can do it. Any help please!@

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow thats rough aye,huge feels to you my friend...so so sorry for your loss.I know from similar experience it will weigh heavily on your game,i found it almost impossible but your case being that much heavier i can imagine what you are feeling.So tragic...only advice i could give is probably the obvious,play like he would want you to play.Ive seen enough to know he will be watching you my friend and he will lift your game im sure of it.I never believed in such things until i witnessed it first hand.Keep your chin up for him is my advice and his im sure,it will get easier.Much love your way.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow:( I think all you can do during the memorial game is put on a brave face and do the best you can to hold yourself together. If you can't, so be it, it's completely understandable and you'll know you tried.

My condolences too:(

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a father of 2 sons who are the most important thing to me in this world I say the pain of losing him is unbearable.
I do not think getting over this grief at all is possible,
Think you should still play the memorial game in his honour.
Sorry I wish there was something I could say or do friend at this time of your terrible loss.:(

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am so sorry for the great loss. There really is nothing adequate to say in such circumstances.

The only thing to ask, if even possible, is if the roles were reversed, would you have wanted your son to stop, or keep playing? It's scant consolation I know, but it would appear that either of you would have wanted the other to continue, not just with poker, but anything else that you mutually loved in life.