Getting big hands cracked

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently in mtts I have no luck with big pocket pairs getting aces and Kings cracked regularly when deep in these tourneys anyone else find themselves thinking here we go here's my exit from the tournament?

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to have the same problem.
I have recently started limping or just calling with these hands late in tourneys just to see the flop especially if the big stack is at my table. They seem to hit anything and everything.
I find at times when you see a flop you can bet them off their hand instead of going all-in before the flop and getting called and they out draw you with junk.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't seem to able to get that luck deep in tourneys. On FT bubbles I have had absolutely zero luck lately. I'm not playing these hands any differently raising as normal and getting jammed on obviously auto calls with those big hands then some douche drills trips with his Q 10 he's shoved with arrrggghhhh :mad:

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always frustrating to play very good poker for a couple hours in a tournament, only to have AA or KK beat.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its poker. And its math. You are bound to have bad beats. Its all about probability. 2 out of 10 times you will lose with AA. Its just like that. You cant do anything about it. Its yours to increase your odds by playing the right way.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i posted a couple of days one hand that i lost. i had quads on the flop a the guy had a flush. he calls my all in. and in the river he makes a straight flush. in the same night i had pocket AA and he had J10, i go all in he calls again and in the flop came JJ6. i didnt want to play pojer again for years to come. lol. but next week i was playing again

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately there is no gurantees in poker. If this seems to be happening more often than not then maybe try to be more cautious, don't jam preflop

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't jam pre with AA unless I had less than 15 bigs. Yeah I know it's just poker but frustrating when you can't seem to break that ceiling and getting on the FT when your knocking on the door so many times all you can do is get it in good!!

Terrell423

Terrell423

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually just go all in with these hands

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, having a big hand busted out is hard. I don't have a problem folding AAs or KKs after the flop if there are multiple players still in. I've seen pocket 2s get made or similar and bust out higher pocket pairs all the time. It's still terribly frustrating though.

Just to vent: The worst is when you have big pocket pair and the villain has low pocket pair and the flop is in your favor and you go all in and the villain gets made on the river. *hair pull*

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently in mtts I have no luck with big pocket pairs getting aces and Kings cracked regularly when deep in these tourneys anyone else find themselves thinking here we go here's my exit from the tournament?

I see it all the time, but that is online poker. Just forget about it and move onto the next one.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s bound to happen. Just have to keep at it and trust that typically AA and KK will work out

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know eventually it will balance itself out but its just so damn frustrating after playing well for 5+ hours to then get busted out with a premium holding against an opponent who needs huge help. Just got to keep going to it goes my way I guess

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance can be tough, just way it goes. Keep rolling in those MTT and it should turn around.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are right; it happens very often to be beaten by crappy cards when you have top pairs. I noticed that happens especially when have KK( at least so it seemed to me that it happened lately). I blame poker platforms which gives the face up cards that way.:mad:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes this happens. I continue to play and improve my skills.
I believe that experience will help me become a professional player.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I lose with these too. I like the advice on how to play them late in tournaments.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT

we always have advice from more experienced I also sometimes make the same mistake coz we need to know when it is worth staying tight or try to bend in chips but if you're with a large stack of chips that is 40 50 bbs etc we should not be without betting some hands in a position not expect only premium hands

:jd4:mateuspoker

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe having a moan has given me some luck just took down the £250 weekly bankroll booster on PP YES!! ! !:D

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry to hear pal , i have this happen on a regular basis but its called gambling for a reason yes lots of skilled involved i understand that but when you have 2 cards in your hands and 5 to go across a table anything can and will happen just let the cards fall if u win great if not just move on from it this is what i have learned over the years

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands