Getting back on track

L

LiberacesLover

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I been playing poker for a while. I’m not a professional or every day player. I just been getting wrecked last few sessions by people hitting there 5%. Boats get beat by bigger boats on river. Flopping straights to runner runner flush. I try not to give them free cards, I don’t slow play. It just feels like a beat puppy after awhile trying to play assuming everyone has you beat. What are some tips to clear your mind. I love poker but it’s just been bad

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study! Your variance will run it’s course and along the way you’ll fix the holes in your game. Nobody is playing perfect poker that leaves room for improvement. Just play the profitable game you understand and don’t go against it because you think you’re beat. Go against it when you understand how and why you’re beat.

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been playing poker for a while. I’m not a professional or every day player. I just been getting wrecked last few sessions by people hitting there 5%. Boats get beat by bigger boats on river. Flopping straights to runner runner flush. I try not to give them free cards, I don’t slow play. It just feels like a beat puppy after awhile trying to play assuming everyone has you beat. What are some tips to clear your mind. I love poker but it’s just been bad

Go to Netflix and watch all of Dave Chappelle's specials. You wont be thinking about poker for sure. Then holler what table your at when you come back, i'll meet you there.

L

LiberacesLover

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to Netflix and watch all of Dave Chappelle's specials. You wont be thinking about poker for sure. Then holler what table your at when you come back, i'll meet you there.

Best answer! It’s just been tough and I may take some weeks off. It was literally I see his hand and think for the amount I was betting I have no idea why you even went to river. One guy had bottom pair but thought every one was bluffing and put 125 in for a 1-2 game and wound up runner runner.

L

LiberacesLover

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Study! Your variance will run it’s course and along the way you’ll fix the holes in your game. Nobody is playing perfect poker that leaves room for improvement. Just play the profitable game you understand and don’t go against it because you think you’re beat. Go against it when you understand how and why you’re beat.

That’s what I tell myself. It’s tough when people are pulling ahead at end when I flop a strong flop and bet enough to not give them odds but not inflate pot too much. I always try to tell myself you played it against your opponent best you can just broken clocks right twice a day

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes, there is little to console yourself with other than asking yourself whether or not you are playing correctly?

If you are doing so, making the right plays but taking bad beats, then ultimately, you should be able to mentally regroup. Not necessarily in the moment, but upon reflection. You just have to weather the variance storm -but you can be happy with your decisions.

However, if and when you are losing due to your own poor play, take the time out to analyze your weaknesses and then improve.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Do not be upset. Such cases happen to each player. Just keep playing and perfecting your skills. If you play the right thing, sooner or later, good luck will come back to you.
Good luck.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am convinced that the best option to get rid of bad emotions is meditation.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe that the most important the quality of for pokerista this patience, very often lose because not goes map, are tired wait, place all-in with K2 in the hope that right now wins, of course loses.
So patience and her times patience.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only way to truly clear your mind is to take a step back from poker for a little while

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up your game. Let go of cards if you don't hit. In the long run you will win if you keep your head together. Let them make the mistakes ;)