Getting away from Texas

A

abbershey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In our private poker game we have added new games and now we seldom play holdem. Its mostly tahoe and omaha because there is just so much more action. Have any of you run the road with your private games? Do you think playing the other games hurts or helps your Texas game?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Back when I played home games we always played dealers choice. Kept everyone happy & engaged.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's hard to tell whether other games have a positive or negative impact on your holdem game. It always depends on what you play instead of holdem. If you are new to poker then I would advise you to just stick to one type of game until you understand it correctly. it doesn't really matter which type of game you start playing, but since holdem is one of the most popular poker games, many people will advise you to start with it. But I think poker is a game and first and foremost it should be fun and everyone has their preferences so find your game and have fun and I wish you every success

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I only play hold'em. I prefer to focus on one area and develop my skills in that area. I have good results, my bankroll is growing and I am completely satisfied with my progress, so I am not interested in other options for the game.
Good luck.