Are the games controlled by the site?

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have seen this scenario how many times?
About as often as I've seen the bubble drag on forever because everybody plays like a nit.

The longest SNG I've played went on for 1 hour and 45 minutes (2,000 starting stack, 10 minute blinds). Why would the site allow something like this? Strange, isn't it?

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cost of people playing longer is relatively minimal in terms of actual cost with the low amount of power usage per game and equipment, the only real benefit I could see to speeding up play in tournaments would be to get them to buyin to another tournament more quickly. While this is speculation, I don't see a significant enough reason for them to try to speed up tournament play artificially. It may make their tournaments slightly more profitable but I imagine they get the bulk of their money from cash games rather than tournaments just like in live poker rooms as they collect money from each hand. They'd likely therefore be far more likely to rig live games than tournaments. While I doubt any legitimate sites would rig their games, it would make more sense to do so in situations where there'd be a higher profit such as cash games than tournaments.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[ ] valid statistical sample
[ ] comparison to what the odds should be mathematically
[x] thread likely to degenerate from here

The governing body of poker players who keep millions of hands in their histories and do valid statistical studies. They caught and sanctioned Absolute Poker recently.

It would have also been socially acceptable to look below you on the forums before posting a new thread, and perhaps noticing that this subject has been brought up (and properly debunked) approximately 1,000,000,000,000 times before.

Every reasonable limit player at the higher levels immediately stopped playing there, and few serious players leave money on there at all.

And note: this wasn't a case of Absolute Poker doing anything other than having shoddy security.

Kyle, I noticed that you don't have an avatar, and in honor of your contributions to this post, I made you one:

Behold, the IRON FIST OF LOGIC !

Logic

Keep those beat downs coming!
Enjoy!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg but oen tiem a shortshack suckd out on me and maed a tournamnent longer. yoor theery is refyuted OP

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brag: Best weekend ever
Brag: Fixed own computer hardware just by reading instructions, saving an expensive repair job.
Brag: Hit biggest MTT score to date.
Brag: Had a major victory in an online football game I've been waiting over a year for.
Brag: Acquired awesome avatar.
Beat: Can't seem to get the avatar to work from work computer, will have to wait until later.
Edited to add:
Suckout: Managed to get it to work.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top 10 Games