Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Usually i get frustrated, but i try to suck it up and play another day better.
Afterall, i play casual poker for fun, not to get negative emotions out of it :)

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best thing is to play knowing that the risk of losing is much greater than that of winning! Play for fun that passes...

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard.. Usually I experience a lot of emotions depending how the tournament has gone. I am looking to find a way of cooling down, either spend time with girlfriend or have a couple of drinks with buddies.
Everyone has their own way of dealing with this. Accept it and move on or find a distraction.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What emotions?

61so+sjPPbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually just open another game. To me the more games you have going the less time you have to dwell on a previous game.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think trying to detach the personal part of the emotion is key. No one can get good cards every hand (even those who seem to play like they do!!) Being able to know it’s not your fault helps me not take it personally. Just playing the best you can with the cards you’re given and try to learn how to play situations differently with less than ideal cards.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
recently my game has literally ended. full blackout. this is certainly not the loss of everything, but it is the absence of everything.
it's sad, but life goes on.:eek::)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually get pissed but last time more like "Ok, it's not your day Comboss, maybe next time"

P

PokerJocko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How well I understand you! This is really what the doctor prescribed for the blues.:)

Sometimes coffee does not really do the trick, so you just open up the next RedBull :angel:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink 100 g of cognac and watch some kind of comedy.:(:)

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you deal with emotions when the cards are not in your favor and your game is over?

Usually when my poker session is over it's time for bed so I take a shower and go to sleep, when the cards aren't coming so well I take a break from the game I'll watch a movie, I'll do something to clear my head

"Not always winning. Not always losing, but... Always playing!"

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep, shuts everything down, "walk it off" look at it the next day, after the emotions are done.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

How do you deal with emotions when the cards are not in your favor and your game is over?
Yes, this happens from time to time, and the way the game ends varies in many ways, all of which are angry and often lead to badbeat, including not getting the cards we want or strong for a period beyond the limits of patience, or also when we clash with strong hands and then we are defeated, I think it is It is best in this case to stop playing for a while until we regain focus and calm

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what you can doo when every hand you play you lose ? :) you can stay positive in this situation ? :)

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dont like when go alin AQ vs Q4 and lose

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
what you can doo when every hand you play you lose ? :) you can stay positive in this situation ? :)

You have to play A game even if you lose every hand.

The bad series is over, the point is to get through that period and it's only possible if you continue to play your hands well.
So yes, stay positive :)

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First of all, cards are cards and this aspect doesn't affect me much. However, my decisions and my actions affect me and if I make a few bad decisions in a row I simply end the sessions and do anything else instead and I've got plenty of other things to do and for most I rarely find the time. If only the days were longer and life was infinite, If I play badly, I truly start getting angry at myself for not judging correctly in the moment and ask myself what is wrong in my mind.

I have developed a strategy to only play when I feel I'm fully aware of what's going and stop as soon as I notice I'm going off the plan. Can be minutes, can be several hours. If, however, I start playing out of other emotions, I limit my losses to two buy-ins and then take a few days off to get myself together. And yes, several times due to unexpected events, I felt down and should not have played at all. Thankfully, I'm not a complete nonce and I did not lose much and only played 2NL, so about 3% of my bankroll.

Poker as a job requires full awareness, planning, strategy, concentration. Otherwise, it's gambling and wishful thinking, which is more useful in lottery. So, my advice is to take time off, do ANYTHING else, review your hands history, review your plan of action and only then get back to the tables and try to win again. If it doesn't work, repeat. It takes time, a lot, and dedication, but in my own opinion, it's totally worth it. Millionaire or homeless, only time will tell. I'm happy either way, as long as there's no "micromanagement" in my life.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it is over it is over. The bigger question is how you react to emotions when you take a big hit but are still in the game. Do you become reckless or conservative? It is hard to not tip one way or the other, but of course it is generally best to be somewhere in the middle. Sometimes if you get a good hand, you can look like you are going on tilt and make a good comeback.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try to focus on another day of poker.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When it is over it is over. The bigger question is how you react to emotions when you take a big hit but are still in the game. Do you become reckless or conservative? It is hard to not tip one way or the other, but of course it is generally best to be somewhere in the middle. Sometimes if you get a good hand, you can look like you are going on tilt and make a good comeback.
good survival tips!

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
First of all, cards are cards and this aspect doesn't affect me much. However, my decisions and my actions affect me and if I make a few bad decisions in a row I simply end the sessions and do anything else instead and I've got plenty of other things to do and for most I rarely find the time. If only the days were longer and life was infinite, If I play badly, I truly start getting angry at myself for not judging correctly in the moment and ask myself what is wrong in my mind.

I have developed a strategy to only play when I feel I'm fully aware of what's going and stop as soon as I notice I'm going off the plan. Can be minutes, can be several hours. If, however, I start playing out of other emotions, I limit my losses to two buy-ins and then take a few days off to get myself together. And yes, several times due to unexpected events, I felt down and should not have played at all. Thankfully, I'm not a complete nonce and I did not lose much and only played 2NL, so about 3% of my bankroll.

Poker as a job requires full awareness, planning, strategy, concentration. Otherwise, it's gambling and wishful thinking, which is more useful in lottery. So, my advice is to take time off, do ANYTHING else, review your hands history, review your plan of action and only then get back to the tables and try to win again. If it doesn't work, repeat. It takes time, a lot, and dedication, but in my own opinion, it's totally worth it. Millionaire or homeless, only time will tell. I'm happy either way, as long as there's no "micromanagement" in my life.
"Pan or gone" is, in short.:D

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
just gotta move on focus on the next and see what you can do better next time

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I meditate every morning, so I am always calm and focused. I easily control my emotions and regardless of the result I am always optimistic.

Top 10 Games