vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
So next time it will be better) My optimism is everything))

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Life goes on, tomorrow there's more.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you deal with emotions when the cards are not in your favor and your game is over?
I put on my running shoes and do some miles. Sweating helps ....

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you deal with emotions when the cards are not in your favor and your game is over?

I think it's normal, if you played well and couldn't escape the hand then there's not much to do, I think analyzing how you played helps when you're in a similar situation.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it's normal, if you played well and couldn't escape the hand then there's not much to do, I think analyzing how you played helps when you're in a similar situation.
You are absolutely right! Analyzing the reasons for your defeat is one of the ways to play poker successfully in the future.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do an analysis of the plays, to see if I did the right thing. there's a saying that says, if I'm in the rain, it's to get wet, I don't carry the defeats much less the victories, I always think about the next game, Poker for me is a hobby, a fun, I'm not a professional, so I know that losing makes part of any activity, I try to achieve victory, if it is not possible, at least I tried and move on to the next one

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is good to be pozitive but when you ar not lucky and lose when you goo deep in tournaments this is not easy .

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

To be honest, it's just a bad feeling. You want to avoid it, but unfortunately it's part of the game. The only right way to deal with it is to focus on the mistakes and learn from them. If you had a bad bead, you should not be angry about it but maybe adjust your bankroll if it cost some money.:(

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If its a cash game , I quit . In sng or tourney I try to remain calm , but after a big bad beat or crazy hand , I might go on tilt and start polaying recklessly , I try to fix this leak :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Take a quick break, relax, stretch breathe... Take as long as you want to cleae your mind.

I believe the worst option would be to keep on playing... But then again, it is never easy to identify early tilt symptoms.

If you are in a tournament, this option is not valid. If it's cash, I just leave.
But in tournaments I start repeating a mental mantra: your hand will come, your hand will come, your hand will come!...

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had many bad days over the years. The best thing I ever did for myself was to learn not only responsible gambling, but it's also just entertainment. My game not only improved but so did my life.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What a difficult question my friend. Looking for calm I think, take a deep breath and think positive. the cards will arrive soon

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remind myself that losing is part of it and don't bottle it up. As long as I haven't made a mistake and still get knocked out of the tournament, I don't allow any negative emotions because I would simply be wrong.

The next tournament is coming and with it maybe better opportunities.
The most important thing is probably not to tilt and just keep playing when you get frustrated. Better take a break and refocus in this case.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take a few days off and study my hands to see if it was bad play by me or just bad luck. Then i will start back slow and play a few games to get my mind back in the game.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you dont play the money you need for essential stuff, you and anyone should surpass the moment pretty quickly. Try to think positive, for instance I think if bad luck exists then GOOD luck automatically does exist too. If you believe in devils , evil , negativity then why not BELIEVE that God , positivity , goodness exists. I dont want to turn this post into a quote from the gospels lol.
If you lost a game, 2,3,4,5 think there will certainly be at least a game that you'll win, who knows, maybe a big nice prize, and it will make you feel like all the losses were actually meaningless.
And most important aknoledge that you are not alone in this situation.
Ive been playing the romanian freeroll almost every evening for 2 months now, keep "wasting 2-3 hours only to end up in top 10-20%. But I know one day Ill win ( the 1st prize is a $109 T ticket) and get to play that big tourney. Hope I last an hour haha

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always review

I will analyze the hands that I had doubts about regardless of whether I stay in the money or fall early

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello:DIt is frustrating to see how hand after hand the cards do not favor you and the chips go down and even more frustrating that you wait according to the best hand pair of Aces and they beat you with a simple flush or straight sometimes I think that instead of being a hobby poker generates stress at a certain point :eek:

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be the BeSt

The game of poker means a lot of mathematics, it is clear that the hands must be tactfully analyzed. Personally I do not do this, although they are in history for example after a cash game even 500, of which of course I may have played 10% or less. I prefer to watch streamers who analyze professionally, to whom I can also ask questions on chat. They are very open and funny and explain even well:cool:

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[CITATE=vardyonfire;6373981]The game of poker involves a lot of mathematics, it is clear that the hands must be analyzed with great tact. Personally, I do not do this, although they are in history, for example, after a cash game, even 500, of which, of course, I may have played 10% or less. I prefer to see streamers who analyze professionally, who I can also ask questions in chat. They are very open and funny and explain even well :cool:[/QUOTE]

That seems super good to me, that it is good that people with more experiences, and with a higher level, have the possibility of helping you and correcting you, it is good that you have the opportunity, to almost have a personal trainer, greetings.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This has never been a problem for me. If I am unlucky today, it is likely that I will be lucky tomorrow. I just know that the main thing is to be patient and disciplined, and then in the long run I will have the results I expect.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As long as you dont play the money you need for essential stuff, you and anyone should surpass the moment pretty quickly. Try to think positive, for instance I think if bad luck exists then GOOD luck automatically does exist too. If you believe in devils , evil , negativity then why not BELIEVE that God , positivity , goodness exists. I dont want to turn this post into a quote from the gospels lol.
If you lost a game, 2,3,4,5 think there will certainly be at least a game that you'll win, who knows, maybe a big nice prize, and it will make you feel like all the losses were actually meaningless.
And most important aknoledge that you are not alone in this situation.
Ive been playing the romanian freeroll almost every evening for 2 months now, keep "wasting 2-3 hours only to end up in top 10-20%. But I know one day Ill win ( the 1st prize is a $109 T ticket) and get to play that big tourney. Hope I last an hour haha
Romanian poker? The Southern peoples are not easy opponents in poker. Not only Romanians, but also Bulgarians, Hungarians. There are a lot of aggressive players with unbridled bluffing.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Romanian poker? The Southern peoples are not easy opponents in poker. Not only Romanians, but also Bulgarians, Hungarians. There are a lot of aggressive players with unbridled bluffing.

Every evening ( in 2 minutes in fact) pokerstars has a Freeroll just for romanians. I guess Pokerstars made a freeroll for most countries?
1st prize is a ticket to $109 Sunday Million, 2nd gets a $22 ticket and 3rd-9th $11 Sunday Storm
Im not agressive:D I'm just a lady with two toms :p hehe

Last edited:
Top 10 Games