barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I used to not accept failure when I lost hands and got out of the tournament, but the beginning of this year turned out to be quite unsuccessful for me, I lose all the time, even though I seem to be doing everything right! Recently, I began to notice that I was constantly being run over by completely garbage hands and I don’t know how to deal with it! I myself want to look at the advice of other players on how to deal with emotions, because lately I have been having a losing streak! Good luck at the tables!
You are not alone in terms of a bad streak in poker. I want to invite you to study this course:
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you get your money in good then you should be happy with that. You should eventually be able to take defeats in stride. The more and longer you play the more you will realise that.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
If I played the best I could, and the cards in key spots were not in my favor, it hurts later on but it just passes. I've been playing for too long to not come to grips with variance.

If I didn't played well, and didn't got bailed by luck, that hurts more and it takes longer for me to get over it.

Typically I try to engage in some other activity to get my mind off. Play another video game, do some chores, go and just talk to people about whatever.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend definitely taking a break to cool down and come to your senses. Playing with negative emotions is dangerous for your bankroll. While you are resting, analyze your game in order to identify errors

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When my game is over, I don't feel emotions because they can hurt in the future. With any failure, it is better to understand its cause.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A sad deep sigh, and a moment of self-pity, and continue with the registration.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I tried to watch this course, but my English is very bad, so I abandoned it! Maybe you have some kind of course in Russian? I would be very grateful to you!
Unfortunately, I don't have such an opportunity. I use an online translator myself.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always expect the game to be over, before I even begin my play. This way, I'm never disappointed... and if the game lasts for a long time, I will be pleasantly surprised and happy about it.

If you have negative emotions when the game is finished, then you're probably looking at poker the wrong way, the opposite way. Try my method instead!! Good luck and best wishes.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I often freak out, but I get up from the table in order to take a break. If the game is not yours, then it is better not to play it yet.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have no problem when someone takes me out of the game table when he has played that hand properly, but I get nervous when he pulls me out with a slap ... with a strange hand ..

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How do you deal with emotions when the cards are not in your favor and your game is over?

I started to meditate about 15Years ago to keep my emotions in check. It has really helped me a lot. I also listen to mediation music while playing. Its calming and help keep me mellow but I noticed my concentration level was much better too.

As for when the cards are not going your way. Just think about the good days when you just ran hot as hell. Also remember it's not about the cards. It's about what we do with them. Other day was brutal for me with bad cards and bad run outs. I miss the money on the bubble. Its moments like these that should make you proud. On bad nights where you made smart decisions, avoided going broke due to your reads and somehow made a nice deep run is rewarding as hell.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I started to meditate about 15Years ago to keep my emotions in check. It has really helped me a lot. I also listen to mediation music while playing. Its calming and help keep me mellow but I noticed my concentration level was much better too.

As for when the cards are not going your way. Just think about the good days when you just ran hot as hell. Also remember it's not about the cards. It's about what we do with them. Other day was brutal for me with bad cards and bad run outs. I miss the money on the bubble. Its moments like these that should make you proud. On bad nights where you made smart decisions, avoided going broke due to your reads and somehow made a nice deep run is rewarding as hell.
I feel a veteran poker wolf in your words.:D

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with emotions when the cards are not in your favor and your game is over?
Different every time, the strongest emotion is when you lose a big pot to a trash hand:mad:

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all about the numbers. I play the best I can and put it in with the best. If the cards don't swing my way, on to the next. Just trust the system, stay within your limits, and know that variance is part of the game.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Sometimes I control my anger and accept the matter, and sometimes I feel great anger, but what I see is appropriate for me in this case, especially if the matter is prolonged, and after reading the opponents at the table, which is to enter with a hand in a good position on the table, then I say to myself that I am the max on the board or the flop, and then I dribble on this basis, and if I happen to win this hand, I may change the course of the distribution that I get, and if I happen to lose in this case, I will have made an attempt

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any negative emotions, what has happened it happened and that's it

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Α small irritation and after this closing the game and continue to the next programmed game, or play next day!

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the cards aren't in my favor, I'm folding a ton pre-flop and waiting for something in my range for the position im in. If after that im still not doing well, then I close out and download my hand history to figure what I did wrong because 9 times out of 10, its a problem with the way im playing. I try to harness my emotions to force myself to study more.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
if the cards aren't in my favor, I'm folding a ton pre-flop and waiting for something in my range for the position im in. If after that im still not doing well, then I close out and download my hand history to figure what I did wrong because 9 times out of 10, its a problem with the way im playing. I try to harness my emotions to force myself to study more.
Hi! I paused with the answer. Curious to know - what has changed since then?:)

K

karylpretty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I relate so much with this question. It sucks especially when the game is deep

K

karylpretty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Only good thing about having bad cards is i'm having the chance to put notes against my opponents. Then I can use those notes to outplay them even if I have a bad hand

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can easily cope with my emotions regardless of the outcome of the game. I play only for the money I can afford to spend, I have a clear system of bankroll management and because of this the game brings me only joy and satisfaction.

Top 10 Games