This Game Isn't for the Weak

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing worse than seeing someone throw a temper tantrum after losing...You can play a hand absolutely perfect.. get max value out of someone..even know what they have in their hand..Do everything 100% correct...Got your money in with the best hand...As long as a spade doesn't hit on the river you are golden...But when that spade hits on the river you have to be mentally tough to know it's part of the game... You can't be mad at your opponent for chasing and catching..you can't dwell on someone getting rewarded for playing bad..Don't get me wrong, you can be upset and frustrated, weather you've been playing for 9 weeks or 9 years, weather it was 50% odds before the river or 4%...You are gambling and like my dad always said..
Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield

Last edited:
MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is nothing worse than seeing someone throw a temper tantrum after losing...You can play a hand absolutely perfect.. get max value out of someone..even know what they have in their hand..Do everything 100% correct...Got your money in with the best hand...As long as a spade doesn't hit on the river you are golden...But when that spade hits on the river you have to be mentally tough to know it's part of the game... You can't be mad at your opponent for chasing and catching..you can't dwell on someone getting rewarded for playing bad..Don't get me wrong, you can be upset and frustrated, weather you've been playing for 9 weeks or 9 years, weather it was 50% odds before the river or 4%...You are gambling and like my dad always said..

There are probably quite a few players that you have described here. But I do not belong to them. I play for fun, and if I win money I am happy, if not, it is not a problem, I had a good time anyway.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well said I read your post and completely that is, I absolutely agree when good luck comes to you you have fun when bad luck you are sad but everyone reacts to losing in their own way some can not control their anger because of losing it's sad.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is gambling? That feel of exitement when you are about to win somthing. Its the feeling, that you are getting somthing for free. Its that feeling, when you lose control and full understanding of what you doing and why. If you feel every aspect of the game, winning dont excite you, cause its no longer a game, its your job. You do somthing, and you get some money in return. You understand the rules of the game, get some system of how tjo crack it, get on top, and u no longer a gambler.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never go over that feeling when someone chases and hits. God it hurts every time.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Everything you described happens daily and is part of the game. If we all made the best decisions during the game then who would lose? that's why everything revolves.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All this is not new and is commonplace every day.Being able to win-be able to lose with dignity.Like you said,it's a game, and sometimes it's not that perfect.But we play and we will play because this game is wonderful!

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not

it is not, but there are always some who go all in with 92, lol

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed you must have a strong emotional control because it is very hard what you experience not only once but several times especially online, in a matter of minutes you can receive several badbets in a row but that mental control makes you stay strong because you know that this is part of the game, precisely today in a room it was very bad hands like 99 vs 88,AJ vs A9 and losing on the river etc. I only laughed because I knew it was not my day and the bad bets did not stop, it was my way to stay focused, I rested a while and stayed focused on my game:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the years, I've become convinced that the "repetitive sensations law" works in poker. It's about how much time you are at the tables. More trips - more experience.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You say this game isnt for the weak....it isnt for the poor either ��

F

Fenri77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed it isn't for a weak ones. Works also physically. Usually when bluffing or hit the unbelievable river, my heartbeat just literally swell both playing online or live :D even after years of playing

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was not the mother who cursed her son for gambling but for returning to mend:)

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way i can say i had a good time when i lose money needing only to doge three outs and it hits the board. But it is part of the game, i hope some day i win money with a 6% chance

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If it is just about poker, it is not totally correct, as most of the days you are the bug and some days you are not - at least if we see the tourney players.

In real life, facing with reality, it is totally incorrect, as you, me, everybody - except the very few - are always the bug....

About poker, I can live with that, but that bloody math, that I can count the probability, variance in long runs - even if i couldn't I can check it -, and it does not match, or giving too often, the 'once in a lifetime' or at least few years results... as I play online, I rarely mad, blame to my opponents, but online there are other factors, too...

Anyway, I think it is quiet normal, having some reaction after some rare 'bad beat', when I am in a good mode, even watch some of the weirdest live and online reaction videos - it is funny + gives me a feedback my reactions are way not so mad, like plenty others'...

'Nothing worse than seeing a temper after loosing...' :):confused: have you ever played or even just watched any sport??? it is natural, normal within some boundaries, everyone have some reaction for situations like that, even the insanely overpaid sport players are upset, okay you can find the smiling retard face ones after losing there, as they don't care much the result, but that's still not the majority of them, either....

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I think that's what this game is about, right? Mental strength and security when making decisions.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
This game isn't for everyone not for the week or the poor you need to be able to afford your losses and most off all have some bulls to play and make a big decision.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

You are absolutely right, I agree you have to continue there are always bad streaks even playing well that's why you have to be strong in your head greetings!

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is one of those players who broke his phone after losing the sword in the river .
Of course I soon realized that what made me nervous was the cigarette and not losing it at poker, so I stopped smoking. And I don't break my phones anymore. And lately I've been losing a lot, but I still have my phone intact. :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Top 10 Games