This Game is All About Personal Perception'

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You spike a :3h4: on the flop with your pocket :3c4::3s4:.... Your opponent had :as4::ad4:. He goes All-in and you call. Unfortunately with 2 spades on the flop it came spade on the turn and spade on the river. You can't believe your eyes and how unlucky you were... Then I hear that person say I can't believe he sucked out on me with a runner runner spade...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Is that really a suck out?? To me if there was a suck out it was you spiking a :3h4: against :as4::ad4: .. But I see this as just poker..not a suck out. The best hand pre-flop won the hand.

Now you have :jc4::qc4: and the flop was :9c4::8h4::2c4:.. After some pre-flop betting and calling your opponent goes all-in. He has :ks4::kd4:...And you actually put him on kings or Aces.. even though you know you are losing you call because you are hoping to hit a hand..either a flush or straight.. Just like your opponent was hoping to hit a hand when he looked down at his pocket kings.. Now my question is do you think it is a suck out when the turn came a :3d4:..and the river came a :5c4::questionm:questionm:questionm You know your losing and you know you need to hit..I believe this to just be playing poker where we know luck is always involved.

Now you have :10d4::10c4:..your opponent has :4s4::4d4:..you both go all-in pre-flop.. The flop

comes out :10h4::ac4::5c4:...the turn is a :3c4:...the river a :2h4:...now to me this in my opinion would be a suck out..and a bad one at that. Not only the runner runner but the fact of the clubs also.. you know your beat before the flop.. then after the flop it gets way worse..only to hit an amazing runner runner.

what are your thoughts and opinions on perception of what players think

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You spike a :3h4: on the flop with your pocket :3c4::3s4:.... Your opponent had :as4::ad4:. He goes All-in and you call. Unfortunately with 2 spades on the flop it came spade on the turn and spade on the river. You can't believe your eyes and how unlucky you were... Then I hear that person say I can't believe he sucked out on me with a runner runner spade...:rolleyes::rolleyes: Is that really a suck out?? To me if there was a suck out it was you spiking a :3h4: against :as4::ad4: .. But I see this as just poker..not a suck out. The best hand pre-flop won the hand.

Now you have :jc4::qc4: and the flop was :9c4::8h4::2c4:.. After some pre-flop betting and calling your opponent goes all-in. He has :ks4::kd4:...And you actually put him on kings or Aces.. even though you know you are losing you call because you are hoping to hit a hand..either a flush or straight.. Just like your opponent was hoping to hit a hand when he looked down at his pocket kings.. Now my question is do you think it is a suck out when the turn came a :3d4:..and the river came a :5c4::questionm:questionm:questionm You know your losing and you know you need to hit..I believe this to just be playing poker where we know luck is always involved.

Now you have :10d4::10c4:..your opponent has :4s4::4d4:..you both go all-in pre-flop.. The flop

comes out :10h4::ac4::5c4:...the turn is a :3c4:...the river a :2h4:...now to me this in my opinion would be a suck out..and a bad one at that. Not only the runner runner but the fact of the clubs also.. you know your beat before the flop.. then after the flop it gets way worse..only to hit an amazing runner runner.

what are your thoughts and opinions on perception of what players think

Thank you for posting

Knowing if you are sucking out or not and knowing if you are making profitable calls is all in the math.

Cardschat has an odds calculator it is easy to use and helps us understand the basics- not range equity but hand equity

Hand 1

AA versus 33 preflop 33 has 18% equity that means we need 5-1+ on our money for it to be profitable to go all in preflop versus AA.

Hitting the 3 is considered the suck out if we get all-in without the proper odds.

When the A makes the flush that is one of the 82% wins for the AA so not really a suck out but we see it as a suck out when we hold the 33 because we mistakenly reset our odds of losing in our minds to the flop equity for AA not the overall equity of the 2 hands. So even if we flopped quads with the 3's and it comes AA it is not a suck out really but the pain of the loss makes us think it is.

My point is suck out is an emotional not mathematical perception of poker and it is best to know the math so we have a rational understanding of variance.

Hand 2

Again using the Cardschat calculator is the key to knowing the best actions here.

So QcJc has 46.87% equity-so the KK has to shove 8 X pot or more on the flop to make it a correct fold by us as we would need 47% equity to call a bet of that size.

So knowing the basic math takes out all the perception of good or bad actions and clarifies them.

This is however only the start as we need to be concerned with ranges not just hands as for example if our V has ACKC we have only 26% equity ACAH QJ has 41% 99 gives QJ only 32% equity.
V could shove all those hands

Hope this helps
:):)

Top 10 Games