The Future of Poker Development

W

warexit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's try to predict the development of poker in the near and far future. Any adequate and inadequate assumptions are welcome:

1) Will gadgets be released with pre-installed poker Apps?
2) Will there be online tournaments organized with virtual reality devices in the future?
3) Is it possible to include poker as a compulsory subject in the education system?
5) Will poker be recognized by science? who will be the first doctor of poker sciences?
6) Is it possible to organize a tournament between the presidents of the countries and what will be the reward?
7) Who will be the first astronaut to play poker in space?
8) Can the Poker community be recognized as a nation struggling for its independence? and later as a state with its own territory, flag, anthem and population(form of government?: Poker Republic, Federation or Monarchy).

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In short, I don't think poker is recognized as a science. because it is a gamble. and in the future, people will be half cyborg and if you like, you can play poker wherever you want, even in space. but I doubt that we will live to this time.:rolleyes::D

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you say poker do you mean all poker games in general or NLHE? Cause the future of NLHE in my opinion is the same with Limit Holdem. It will be solved. Heads Up is kinda solved already and thats why HU is flooded with bots.

Ps. I know thats not the answer you were looking for, but thats my 2c.:top:

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker has these things. is part of the probability.
Do not get discouraged, keep evolving.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Tournament between presidents of countries.
Prize fund - the territory of the country and its population.

W

warexit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...---...

Hello.
Tournament between presidents of countries.
Prize fund - the territory of the country and its population.

;) chip leaders: presidents of china and india by population and russia by territory.
I wouldlike to see if everyone goes all-in on the final table.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its only a game, no war games, keep calm and play poker.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) think to be banned in the near future to play live poker in the glasses, because technological development will create simple sunglasses in the Mini-PC, where there will be hints for the game.
2) possible. I can even say that the online tournaments will take place with your webcam in order to eliminate bots.
3) in any case.
4) ?
5) No, science will not poker.
6) Ramblings. Im not up to it.
7) No I
8) No

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's try to predict the development of poker in the near and far future. Any adequate and inadequate assumptions are welcome:

1) Will gadgets be released with pre-installed poker apps?
2) Will there be online tournaments organized with virtual reality devices in the future?
3) Is it possible to include poker as a compulsory subject in the education system?
5) Will poker be recognized by science? who will be the first doctor of poker sciences?
6) Is it possible to organize a tournament between the presidents of the countries and what will be the reward?
8) Can the Poker community be recognized as a nation struggling for its independence? and later as a state with its own territory, flag, anthem and population(form of government?: Poker Republic, Federation or Monarchy).

1. YES
2. YES
3. YES
5. YES - Already exists. See degrees in Statistics
6. NO
7. Don't know yet - maybe it's already been played by bored astronauts?
8. NO - what territory? Maybe just your home? I will bring beer....lol

Good luck !

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

1) Will gadgets be released with pre-installed poker apps?

1. This is possible if the interested companies will take the initiative.
2. It is possible that in the future online tournaments with virtual reality devices will be organized.
3. This is not necessary, obviously this is an extra cost of budget funds.
4. You missed point 4.
5. Poker will be recognized as a sport but not a science.
6. In a tournament between presidents of countries, rewards will be one of the countries.
7. There is no doubt that the first cosmonaut who plays in space will be Ukrainian citizen.
8. My country has been fighting for its independence for many years, and in my country poker is officially recognized as a sport.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in the future online tournaments with virtual reality devices will be organized. Leading poker rooms will create virtual poker clubs, where each player can communicate with other users, view statistics and other important information for poker activities.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Lol I only wish poker in future will not beo banned and to have more easy access to any country and maybe some kinda virtual techniques for on line game but I would be satisfied with the first one

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
¿Es posible organizar un torneo entre los presidentes de los países y cuál será la recompensa? jajajaja no puedo imaginar cómo será el buy-in, ¿sería el PIB? o la reserva federal? jajaja

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In short, I don't think poker is recognized as a science. because it is a gamble. and in the future, people will be half cyborg and if you like, you can play poker wherever you want, even in space. but I doubt that we will live to this time.:rolleyes::D

No-limit poker is an art, not a science.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jajajajaja [emoji23][emoji23]
I think the future of poker will be:
Many people playing poker, more and more.
[emoji106]

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope that offline poker is legalized in the future in Russia

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There]
I wonder how would it be the first game of poker...in mars?
will it be broadcasted all over the world?
Wold there be aliens also playing?
I Wonder....
Rgds

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When nuclear wars start, there will be no more poker games, the climate will change, the atmosphere will disappear, people will die out, this is the present future. I am very concerned about the state of our planet, the seas, oceans and forests. People, cyborgs, let them stay in films, I want to play with people!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When nuclear wars start, there will be no more poker games, the climate will change, the atmosphere will disappear, people will die out, this is the present future. I am very concerned about the state of our planet, the seas, oceans and forests. People, cyborgs, let them stay in films, I want to play with people!
You're so gloomy, comrade. Robots will be playing poker long after the last nukes fly.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that live poker will remain more or less the same. On the other side online poker will split to classic part which is what we play today (maybe with better graphics) and VR part which will provide experience somewhere between live game and classic online game.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think that in the future there will be technology and gadgets that make playing poker online basically virtual. I don't think that poker will be able to solve any of diplomacy problems between countries.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest change I can think of is when live poker gives up its physical chips for a virtual chip tracking playing device. I don't see live cards ever getting eliminated, but the sheer bulkiness of live chips in huge tournaments is eventually going to go away.