Funny how when we have a bad beat we like to blame others

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just realized I have been making bad plays and was blaming it on ACR because I just didn't want to admit I was playing bad hands. I guess it is just our nature to blame everyone but ourselves when we lose. I played 10 J o and got top pair against a player that was good. I even said in the chat that i knew he had a pocket pair and he did He had AA. I still called. I sometime have a hard time folding when i know i am beat. I still wanted to blame this on the software. It was no ones fault but mine that i lost these hands. I knew I lost but convinced myself he would fold by going big. This just doesn't work if they are bad players or not so good and they have a pair. Funny I just couldn't believe it was me It was me and now I am taking a course to get better and become a better player. There is a lot of money out there to win if you take the time to get better at poker. I put in the time i can easily make $10,000 a month at the grind. thanks guys

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
$ 10,000 a month?
.... you have a very ambitious goal.
It is good that you at least learned to admit your mistakes.
I wonder how much you now earn per month, is there at least $ 100?

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker mathematically you can't win every hand so you must be prepared to lose or just quit poker :D

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think to achieve your goal, you need to work hard every day, at least for the next 10 years. But in any case, it depends on you, and your dream can also become a reality.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to blame everyone else its not my fault when I lose:)..

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a different experience, which I do think has something to do with the software so I accept it and just try to have fun. It is so bad I can almost pin point when it is going to happen. I will fold AA with an A on the board knowing it is about to happen. Example, I had KK, K 9 4 on the flop. I raised the pot, had one caller who went all in so of coarse I called. Caller had a pair of 2's. Seriously all in with an f-ing pair of 2's. Guess what the board finished with 22, I lost to quads. And that happens to me a lot, so no one can tell me nothing fishy here

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i could earn $ 10k per month at work I would not even think about poker

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can make 10grand per month you will not be here on this forum posting articles in order to get to the FF club.. are you joking first of all?
For your post I will say no. The fact that there is always bad beat and there will always be, doesn't go with the nature of ourselfs.
For someone is good to hit the 5% outs and for the other player is a nightmare getting from 95% chances of winning the pot to the before ITM maybe.
If you consider making 10grand per month, then you should start your learning poker school and I will be your first student.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's for sure...everyone is guilty - not me :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you don't have to blame anyone if you don't see any loss as a bad beat.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have a different experience, which I do think has something to do with the software so I accept it and just try to have fun. It is so bad I can almost pin point when it is going to happen. I will fold AA with an A on the board knowing it is about to happen. Example, I had KK, K 9 4 on the flop. I raised the pot, had one caller who went all in so of coarse I called. Caller had a pair of 2's. Seriously all in with an f-ing pair of 2's. Guess what the board finished with 22, I lost to quads. And that happens to me a lot, so no one can tell me nothing fishy here

This. I seldom if ever blame the player. For a variety of reasons many play hands because they believe they will be paid off.

I just exited a tourney (47 out of 1300+) with A 10 of diamonds suited against the big stack who played Q 5. He made a dubious raise against my big blind, I went all in, he followed.

Queen on the flop, the 5 on the river. The thing is I do not regard it as a clown play as such because his rationale was (at least to some degree) as the biggest stack, I'll be paid off. And he was.

And having been on the end of such beats a million and one times (like one and all), I tend to blame the algorithm more than the player.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its to easy, not only in poker but every sports and everywhere you blame another things or persons fir your mistakes, its human, everyone do that.
I did a lot on poker to blame the odds, or the other persons, or the cards for my mistakes until I start to study.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just realized I have been making bad plays and was blaming it on ACR because I just didn't want to admit I was playing bad hands. I guess it is just our nature to blame everyone but ourselves when we lose. I played 10 J o and got top pair against a player that was good. I even said in the chat that i knew he had a pocket pair and he did He had AA. I still called. I sometime have a hard time folding when i know i am beat. I still wanted to blame this on the software. It was no ones fault but mine that i lost these hands. I knew I lost but convinced myself he would fold by going big. This just doesn't work if they are bad players or not so good and they have a pair. Funny I just couldn't believe it was me It was me and now I am taking a course to get better and become a better player. There is a lot of money out there to win if you take the time to get better at poker. I put in the time i can easily make $10,000 a month at the grind. thanks guys

The hand you mentioned is the exact opposite of a bad beat, since you had the worst holding from start to finish.
It's good that you are taking a course and study to improve our poker skill, but if you think that after finishing the course you will easily make $10,000 a month at the grind, you're in for a big surprise, my friend :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To earn 10k per month, you need to not only play well, but also have a solid bankroll and strong psychological stability! But if you really want this - then there is nothing unattainable! Good luck

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There is a lot of money out there to win if you take the time to get better at poker. I put in the time i can easily make $10,000 a month at the grind. thanks guys

It's good that you are taking a course and study to improve our poker skill, but if you think that after finishing the course you will easily make $10,000 a month at the grind, you're in for a big surprise, my friend :)

To earn 10k per month, you need to not only play well, but also have a solid bankroll and strong psychological stability! But if you really want this - then there is nothing unattainable! Good luck

I doubt there's even 1 cardchatter right now who pretty much could earn 10k (or atleast half of it) in a month :rolleyes:
Probably orsino would be the only one capable of doing it since 888 lets him to milk them but even with that he still don't make that much money ?!?