For the freeroll nuts .....

L

lawsss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Riddle me this . I watch the # of people who register in these freeroll on any given site .Take poker stars for example as the worst .
They usally have 12,000 people in a freeroll and you don't win any money for that one , you NOW get to enter a money freeroll ,how nuts is that ?

Ever seen the numbers @ Absolute ? usally around 5k in entries .
I see the games last 5-6-7 hrs .

Now here is the kicker .If you played 1 -2 a day and lasted average 4 hrs and donkeyed out thats 20 hrs over 5 days .

Even if you got paid $5/hr you would make 100$ for every 20 hrs .
OMFG now you can deposit that and actually play real money tournies !!!!

<shrugs> Sorry but thats just my opinion lol .

Yanno I was looking @ a tournie on poker stars .
I came across a freeroll and buy in for $5.50 going off @ the same time .
Freeroll had 659 people registered the buy in for the same forum just 4 .
How sick is that ?
:deal:

G

gtycoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is...They have to be good to make anything with that money in the the real money tourneys.

Sure they could work and make money that they could deposit into a poker room, but they could lose that money just as easily as they lose a freeroll and they'd be at the same spot as if they didn't even work in the first place.

Best bet...Work...Save the money ;-)

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you say is somewhat true, but if you are learning the game then they provide a good way of practicing tournament play without risking any $$, and lets face it if you go straight to money play you will only lose it all to people that have been around longer and know more than you. I won't knock em as thanks to them I have money on 5 different sites that has since been nurtured into decent BR's and have therefore NEVER had to deposit to get my play.

Agree about pokerstars though, way too many people for too little return. Other sites have much better payout structures and smaller fields though.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll winnings since january 2006= $4000.00 + Nuff said.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played in many freerolls, good fun as long as you wait out the all-in nuts.
I have managed to raise a tidy little BR on both Full Tilt and Poker Stars through them.

Granted it's 4+ hours to get as little as $2 but you got to start somewhere.

Synna

Synna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of us (or maybe it's just me) who don't have any money in their account, I enjoy freerolls (only game I can afford). I've met some very interesting people, and enjoyed colorful conversations. I also get to practice the tips I've read on this site, with no risk of losing anything but my time.

North_Bank

North_Bank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with real money, at mirco stakes, enerting 1 and 2 dollar tourneys but I still do a lot of freerolls purely because they are fun to do, try out some new things when the tourney gets deeper and a bit more serious and a chance at some free money.

SAH89

SAH89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt freerolls are the only ones worth playing IMO, I usually do pretty well in the Australian daily, though only have cashed once, the first I played in the 2 months I've played them. I won $2.50, and got that up to $10.80 on cash games until I gave it back on a bad run on Heads Up SnG's, now I just have 60c left, I need to build it up soon with another freeroll cash in, and then I'll stick to Stud 8.

R

ratus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well
my little experience about..
i start poker on line with a 50$(offered) on titan about 8 months ago
i didn't know anything about poker
then i lost and deposit etc..
so i start freeroll on about 20 rooms
i have now a bankroll for exemple on fulltilt 25 $
yesterday 9$ onn 32red
35 $ on NOIQ
about 10 on pokertime
i cash out 80 $ on pokeroom
54 $ on Absolute poker
30 $ on centrebet...
and few $ on other
and the most important i enjoy the tourney and i learn to loose :joyman:

my3sons

my3sons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the best fr to play

im new to online poker and was wondering what sites have the best pay outs on fr as im trying to build bank rolls without depositing $ it seems to me poker stars you have to win tickets to get to $ tourny looking to win $ when i play not tickets any advice would be nice

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im new to online poker and was wondering what sites have the best pay outs on fr as im trying to build bank rolls without depositing $ it seems to me poker stars you have to win tickets to get to $ tourny looking to win $ when i play not tickets any advice would be nice

My personal favourite was always the bodog free-rolls 3 times a day. There are 2 for $500 guaranteed limited to 3500 entrants and paying out 63, and once a day there is the $1000 guaranteed limited to 5000 and paying out 100 places.

On pokerstars I have won about 5 round 2 tickets and only had one very small cash. I would say the only good thing about these is the chance to try out a variety of games (limit, stud, razz, omaha, horse) and get practice in those.

They payout structure on Full Tilt sucks too but again you have some variety.

This site offers a variety of free-rolls on different sites and I highly recommend these as the best option to starting a BR from nada. Check out the schedule on the main page.

R

ratus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They payout structure on Full Tilt sucks too but again you have some variety.

This site offers a variety of free-rolls on different sites and I highly recommend these as the best option to starting a BR from nada
i agree
i used to practise their freerolls i got the first place one time
we can say that there a good level of game
not only lottery freeroll player

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play freerolls for fun, especially if its a forum one so I can play against friends, but I wouldnt try to build my br with it (though I did build 150 bucks on Absolute awhile back starting with freerolls - that was only because i refused to deposit there, now I refuse to even play there).

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the freerolls 'can' be good especially for new players who haven't much experience online or even live.

That being said you must be extremely patient to win any money on a freeroll.
The first hour, play ONLY the best hands (AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK, AQ and smaller pairs if in position).
Once all the crazies are out and you get to the second hour, use your tight image to open up your game but still watch out for the fisherman and river rats.
If you make it to the top 10% start opening up your game especially if you have a chip stack to bully with.

Good luck on the felt

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls.. why not? yeah playing against 12000 people(mostly donks) can put you on some serious tilt sometimes.... hahaha..

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of the hours spent playing the freerolls as on the job training. You may not make any money, but the skill you build will pay dividends later.

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It probably would be best for most not to look at poker as a way to make money. Only 5% of poker players make any money yearly at poker. Out of them only 5% or so make their living at it. Out of them 50% bust out from time to time and struggle to make a living. Plan and simple you should treat poker as a fun hobby. If it progresses from there great, but for the great majority of people you just won't make money on a regular basis. I've been playing for 4 year's and before this year it was just a hobby. I lost some won some, but generally lost. This year I got serious about it and have made about $3000.00 so far this year. I don't want it to be my job because then it wouldn't be fun anymore. I treat it as a hobby that I make some money at. It's a lot more fun winning, but it took me 4 year's to get here and 2 year's of serious hard practice.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. The monthly VIP freeroll where i used to play was the equivalent of about an 80$ buy in oftentimes.

And some people don't want to deposit to a poker site and i think that is a valid viewpoint. Putting your own money into gambling isn't a habit anybody should want to start (ok flame me now).

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of the hours spent playing the freerolls as on the job training. You may not make any money, but the skill you build will pay dividends later.

Sometimes that probably isnt the case though, because the level of play in freerolls is so absolutely terrible. It would be like taking A+ training, but learning how to send an email instead. :p

T

tendertube

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion the open freerolls are a good way to practice. If you want to make money on freerolls the best way to do so is to join a pw protected forum one.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freeroll winnings since january 2006= $4000.00 + Nuff said.

King of FRW's. Congrat's are certainly in order. I'm only up a tad over 1k since '05, but it was a nice start to cash games with no out of pocket expense. Best help to my game is unquestionably becoming a member of CC and taking the lessons learned here to the felt.