Freedom and Improvement

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an incredible feeling to not experience any kind of emotional reaction to your session.

You know you are stepping up your game when the beats roll right off your back. You see the long term vision of your account steadily increasing, bit by bit, and you don't even experience the temporary anger, frustration, outrage at the table.

Just played a hyper 6-max session where I lost every coinflip, every 60/40, even a 97/3 with a flopped set and runner runner straight got there. Feel exactly the same as when I started. This community is a wonderful place.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your improved willpower and controlled demeanor

you just unlocked a poker super power!

R

rhv85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i diffenitly need to work on my emotions at the table. i let things effect me and i changes my game for the worse

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 10 years and during this time, I have learned to receive only positive emotions from the game. I never feel angry, upset, or frustrated because I always remain disciplined and patient.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With PROPER bankroll management it is also much more easier to deal with emotions. You play long term, not short term.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! You've achieved harmony in poker. :) Even strong players experience tilt.

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I realized that not all the time poker will be at your doorstep ... we have to be prepared for those blows .... how many times I did not lose my bench to be with a hot head ... but now I slowly try to Calm down ... as everyone says patience is essential

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is an incredible feeling to not experience any kind of emotional reaction to your session.

You know you are stepping up your game when the beats roll right off your back. You see the long term vision of your account steadily increasing, bit by bit, and you don't even experience the temporary anger, frustration, outrage at the table.

Just played a hyper 6-max session where I lost every coinflip, every 60/40, even a 97/3 with a flopped set and runner runner straight got there. Feel exactly the same as when I started. This community is a wonderful place.

Man, it's poker. You have to drop emotions and forget the word justice. And just grind...grind...grind.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's OK to feel emotions while playing poker. Suppressing emotions is not ideal in any circumstance. The key is cognitive distancing, and deciding what you want to do with those emotions. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's better to think "I'm feeling angry over that bad beat" rather than "I shouldn't be feeling anything after a bad beat."

Bad beats suck, it's OK to dislike them.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It’s good that there is much to confess.:icon_king

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the secret not to be affected with bad beats. Always start the session telling me not to take it into account. But hardly I fulfill my promise. And of course it empobresse and compromises my game.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh...a tip of the hat to you for practicing what is preached. I've found myself in the do as I preach not as I do category for a few days now. Two minor dents on my computer table and one pummeled unworkable mouse as a result of this.:D Congrats on sticking to full control and good luck out there...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Could not agree more with this post.

However, I make little attempt not to react momentarily to a bad beating. I cuss/vent immediately, but then within seconds let it go. Quite often, that’s all I need to do these days to stay fairly chilled. I was trying to push a perceived edge and it backfired – on another day such plays will work.

...You see the long term vision of your account steadily increasing...”

This. Since joining the CardsChat Freeroll Club, I have paid close attention to my results not just in the CC freerollsbut others offered - i.e I joined ACR about 6 weeks ago as CC encourages members to do so and have now cashed in 5 various FRs there.

I was tending to get down if I failed to cash/gain on a given day but as the weeks have passed (I am now 2 ½ months in)I can see I am consistent. There have been spans where, looking at days of the week for instance over the span of membership,I have cashed almost identically for six of the days of the week, with only one day outpacing the others. And, more importantly, my bankroll has steadily if incrementally increased, day by day and week by week.

As soon as you gain a longer term perspective your game benefits. In the short term you might lose as you try to expand ranges or push edges but those defeats serve a good purpose. So I agree wholeheartedly, when you can take bad beats in your stride you know that your game has definitely progressed.