Free Roll Bank Roll?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember a-couple months back there was Someone on here who made over 10k from Free-Rolls (I seriously forget his name though)...Anyways the point of this post is, seriously it's next to impossible for me, I've been trying for sometime now, to actually accomplish this Great feat (For self reasons, not to mention how many ppl can seriously say they did accomplish such a Feat), Correct? Now with that said and done, I'm still at Zero At my chosen sites which are PP, and FT, I play At AB also, but, after nearly 6months, I'm only at .59 cents at PP, 0 at FT, and God almighty 0 at AB, so I know I'm Doing something wrong But exactly what Am I doing wrong is what I can't figure out....Don't miss Understand me, I make deep runs in there FR's on FT, AB, and PP but I just can't seem to A)Get into the Bubble with a decent chip stack, B)Always the Poor calls which are a killer...

Now to everyone here that started the BR with FR's I really do seek your advice on how you did it...How long is the process, when to actually go to the tables...And anything else you may feel that is important that I might have left out also...
A
nd to the person I was referring to I believe his name Was Bellagio or something down those lines....I maybe mistaken but That's the Name that comes to mind

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few observations:

1 - Private freerolls FTW. Most of the open-field freerolls that sites offer have terrible structures where you've gotta run like god for five hours straight just to make two bucks. Private freerolls (like the Cardschat ones) typically have smaller fields and often have money added. They're the ones where you've got the chance to cash for something like $20 or $50 (or maybe more) and actually have a shot at building a real bankroll.

2 - It can take a really long time. Like anything it's a function of volume: if you play eight hours a day, six days a week and you're a winning player to start with then obviously you'll see results a lot quicker. But if you're a casual player it can take months or even years.

3 - Stop playing MTTs. MTTs are about as high-variance as you can get. This is fine if you're rolled for them and obviously they provide you with a chance to make some serious money if you win them. But if you're trying to grind your way up from nothing the variance will kill you. You want low variance and a relatively constant, steady return on your minimal funds so stick to either ring games or SnGs.

4 - Know your best games. Kinda follows on from the previous one - know which games you're best at and stick to them. If STTs are your thing and you win at them then stick to them. Don't worry about how other people did it, just go with what works for you.

5 - Be militant about BRM. Goes without saying, I guess, but don't be tempted to take shots at games you're not rolled for or blow money when you're tilted and you know it. Those are luxuries you can enjoy when the consequences aren't going back to zero and starting over.

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are hard to do good in. when you are playing with many people who have no idea what they are doing there is alot of luck involved and can take a very long time to place in one. since you are playing for free you dont have to worry about when you are prime to play so play as many as you can. play whenever you have enough time to put in 3 or 4 hours. for the first few levels you have to play very tight. get a feel for the game while you wait until you get a hand. one of the most important things i have learned is to wait for things to happen, dont make them happen. you also should play tighter near the bubble unless everybody else is playing very tight. also try playing some ring games with that .59c see what happens. its not worth having if your not gonna use it.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not worth having if your not gonna use it.

Very good point actually, I forgot that one:

6 - Don't wait. Some people, for whatever reason, want to wait until they've ground themselves out $20 or $50 in freeroll winnings before they start playing for real money. I say just take your shot - if you've got $2, put it on a $2NL table or buy into a $1 SnG, play your best and see what happens. It could take months or years to grind your way to $20 otherwise and even once you do you could still lose it all in a hurry so at the very beginning, just take your shot.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7500 people in a freeroll-you play 4 hours for .35. That's why it's a challenge, not a strategy. I agree with Oz, if you make enough to get into a sng then do it.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not hard to make your bankroll from private freerolls. I asked myself lately if i should only pay freerolls cose what i gain (and i gain like 20-60 dollars a week from freerolls) i loose at cash tables .

There are a lot of private freerolls where u can play with less than 200 ppl and the playout is better. Houdreds of them. Go to different sites that sponsor private freerolls and register. Playing 20 private freerolls a week can get u a lot of money. U can even stop bothering playing sng or at cash tables. I placed second 2 times this week at crazy cash 200$ with points buy-in at celeb poker and i cashed 68 dollars. I only play sng there to make points for the buy-in and rebuy in the points buy-in tournament.
I only needed to win one freeroll of 300 persons to get 11 dollars and it was not that hard since i played only with donks. I did not need luck but no bad luck. Played 5-6 times untill i placed in first 3( 3 places payed 11 dollars) .

U can do this for a year and i think u can make a bankroll of 3-4 k on several different sites and then move all through neteller to one place.

I have several houdreds dollars on several sites and now thinking how many times i lost my bankroll at cash tables i regret not playing freerolls only untill i 've learned the game properly. If i counted correctely i won from freerolls in 9 mouths since i started playing poker over 1.5 k but i now i have only half of that. And i have half thanks to the advice of some members of CC. It was not because of the bankroll management(with 20-30 dollars u cannot do a proper BR management). I was the way that i made my strategy of winning from freerolls, sngs, free bonuses, deposit bonuses etc.
For example . If u have a 100% deposit bonus ,the easier way to get it is to play at limit tables since u make more points playing more rake hands. U can think it is not much since u only fight for the bonus not for a rapid growth of your bankroll(playing form money not for points). But life is not that easy.
But imagine if u deposit 600$ and double it up in 2 mounths. Doing this on 3-4 sites and managing to get them all is a profit of 2400$ in 2 mounths . That's some cash.

Kebo11K

Kebo11K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thnk the it was Chris Ferguson on Fulltilt

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All sites have freerolls, move to the smaller ones with less players might be a good starting point.

S

ShaneD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The huge 7500 freerolls on Ft are really difficult, i only ever cashed in one. The best ones are the country based ones, im from ireland and theres usually between 300 and 400 starters each day, top 18 get paid so with some good play its not so difficult to cash, iv done so a good few times. This isnt much help if you are from america tho, they generally fill up to 7500!

O

onetime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

Yea it's pretty tough to cash in on the 7500 entrant freerolls on Full Tilt.
The chance is there but it's a longshot.

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been doing this for over a year now and i only have $128 in my account it really tough i would suggest you only play private freerolls with a small field and good payouts don't waste your time on ft 7500 feeroll too long for 2 little and too many idiots. I would suggest you play in CC tonights and saturdays freerolls they are the best great payouts only about 120players and just a couple donks and if you cash there try some $2 or $1 sitngos no MTTs.GL and all the best.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I also started from 0 and right now I have a little more than $50 spread over 9 sites. My advice is stop focusing on the bigger sites and start a BR in smaller ones, the freerolls there have better value. At pokerstars you'll probably take forever to make $1, in smaller ones you can make $5 rather easily. Register for a bunch of them, try them out and see in which ones you think you can win $ faster.

Then, just stick to BRM.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been doing this for over a year now and i only have $128 in my account it really tough i would suggest you only play private freerolls with a small field and good payouts don't waste your time on ft 7500 feeroll too long for 2 little and too many idiots. I would suggest you play in CC tonights and saturdays freerolls they are the best great payouts only about 120players and just a couple donks and if you cash there try some $2 or $1 sitngos no MTTs.GL and all the best.

Ya I use to be in the CC games untill I got my Free-Roll Entries Revoked, for not being on the Site for quite sometime, and now it's just taken longer to get back into back of the New posting Guide-Lines, I'm cool with it though....I mean (I gots no option but to be cool with it correct:) )...I'm looking forward to it for the most part though.....

Thx everyone for the advice though

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win the Cardschat Tourney today and you won't have to worry about it. :)

S

stopppzock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just play freerolls : i started with 10 dollar deposit now ive got over 66 bucks and 2 finaltables are open i play freerolls till i ve 150 bucks maybe road to a million LOL

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will admit though, my bankroll management is crap, and I really need help on that, i lose my freeroll winning the day of.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will admit though, my bankroll management is crap, and I really need help on that, i lose my freeroll winning the day of.

They have a Very Good BR thing on here somewhere...Just look for it..

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks, i will look for it, now if only i had a bankroll to manage, what is your FTp name naruto?
Edit: i looked at your profile its Abdi122, i bet i can outlast you in the tourney freeroll, gl!

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks, i will look for it, now if only i had a bankroll to manage, what is your FTp name naruto?
Edit: i looked at your profile its Abdi122, i bet i can outlast you in the tourney freeroll, gl!

ok mate, here's the thing then lets do the Money Tourneys coming up at 19:40? Are you in that one...Looked you up, and your in It....Let the best man win...Gl though in it is in Order

Last edited:
Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all senserity....stop playing to get in the money....play you're hand to win ...or don't play! In the future your wins will be bigger!:) :) :)

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thought!

Try not to go up against the chip-leader!:withstupi :withstupi