The four colored deck

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When we play live we play with a two color deck; are you for two colored decks or against them in live poker. On the internet we have the option to play with four color decks, which helps me when I get tired. Is this an advantage or disadvantage in your eyes if live poker implemented four colored decks?

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live game, I don't think a 4-color deck will be useful. What's the point of it? Everything is small on the monitor screen, especially if you play several tables, and yes, often the suits merge. Offline you play 1 table, I don't think you will confuse the suits))

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
barajas de colores

Hi there. online game with the most vivid colored cards. on the recommendation of zeros a professional player who plays online. live I always played with the normal color cards. but I wouldn't mind playing cards of another color.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have used the 4 color deck and enjoyed it then. I have now over time just got used to a 2 color deck and prefer it quite a lot.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always choose 4 color online. It really helps me, especially when playing multiple games. I rarely play live poker, but I think the 4 colors would also be beneficial in a live game. As I age and my vision is failing, I can use all the help I can get.

Last edited:
GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the two-tone deck of cards better, it gives more seriousness to the poker game. And so I think it is the choice of every player, I don’t think it’s an advantage and not an affluence.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a real live poker deck of cards, suits of green and blue colors have long appeared, which have taken root in online poker. Now that they have been tested for the first time at the EPT in Malta, they are becoming part of major live tournaments. Four-color decks, while as an experiment, will be used in the next stages of EPT, they will also be used in the live poker room of Stars in Macau. On the board, the green and black suits look the same At the white table, the spades and clubs differ a little better, but still there is not much difference between them in electric light. Yet the real table is: it's not a monitor screen. I don't think these decks are needed in live tournaments. There aren't a lot of simultaneous tables here, what's there to get confused about?"

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather to play with the two-color decks on online poker... Four color deck plus fancy tables get me confuse

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the multi color deck. I do have to use it when I have 4 or more tiles/tables open. The suits of like color become indistinguishable from having to scale down tiles.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Although I only play online, I'm used to playing the most common classic deck of cards. But in general, the color does not matter and does not affect your cards and results. Therefore, in my opinion, which deck to use does not matter. The main thing is not to play with junk.
Good luck.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i don't have that problem and surely should not suppose to be a problem if you a regular poker player

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me be the first to coin the term "Green New Deal" for a Green Royal Flush. :D

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good player and a one-color deck is not a hindrance to play.

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it online for obvious reasons but we tried it live at the local Homegame and the colors weren't like dark enough or vivid enough to see clearly. Maybe try a different brand of cards. We were using the 4 color faded spade cards And they were a little disappointing live.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't imagine playing without a four color deck online, as the spades and clubs are a little too similar on some sites.

Love those blue diamonds!

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the four-color deck, simply because it eases the eyes and helps me differentiate between the suits easier.

It may worsen life poker playing connivence due to being accustomed to the 4 colors, but whatever.

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I CANNOT stand four color decks. The game was created 2 color decks and that's the way it should be. When did we start needing color coded decks like elementary children?

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally prefer two tone deck (nice on my eyes tbh) but i dont think there is a specific advantage/downplay towards the actual game…

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit that I've already seen a flush that didn't exist using the traditional deck, so for more convenience I use 4 color, but in general it's not a problem to use the traditional

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone!
I prefer a two-color deck, a four-color deck I use for playing Chinese pineapple, it is more convenient there.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it's more a matter of habit of which deck to play !!! I prefer 4 colors when playing online !!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
From the first moment I realized there was a four color option online I switched and never looked back. Whenever given the option I also change the felt to a dark grey and then the 4 color deck just leaps off the screen.

The odd aspect to this is I have strong cognitive abilities ('visual intelligence' where I can recognize patterns dissect puzzles etc. quickly). So I have always thought if this improved playing for me with no issue in identifying suits, then it would surely improve playing for one and all. So I have never quite understood the 'traditional' argument.

The early playing cards were elaborate, hand painted and only for the wealthy. I assume as the centuries passed, the design and colors used were edited for convenience and economy of production. So, it will be interesting to see the 4 color deck used in live play.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing live, never had the option to choose. On-line it is easier to use the 4 color deck to recognize suits.