Of course, I left on aa yesterday

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would fold AK preflop when i face strong aggression / rereraises when it is a tight table or a tight player

because in many cases when they rereraise or push all in even then often they have minimum QQ . with QQ you are a slight dog at 55 45 or so "only" but still i wouldnt want to push with AK against QQ unless i dont have that much of a stack

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the position. I would fold from a bad one otherwise go all-in.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ak i folded like 5 times in lifetime, AA never and would not.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
AK is a slight underdog against a pair except kings when it is a big underdog, but you'll be surprised and horrified how often that ace flops. Even worse if it comes on the river.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a satellite if you can fold AA or AK.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi Fernando

I would like to think I'll play AA every time, but in a situation like yours, I would probably do as you did. No hand is a guaranteed win and being in 2nd place and the tournament is on the bubble, it becomes an easier laydown because you don't gain anything from taking down the pot. If 1st gets the same as 8th no need to take any risks.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
AK is easy fold (for me) pre flop... I remember how a fold AA couple of times. :)

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will never fold two aces preflop, it's the strongest hand, and if you lose with it, consider it just unlucky because in most cases you win. But I would fold AK cards preflop when I'm on the bubble, or I have a stack of about 70 big blinds and my opponent goes all-in on the final table and his stack is also about 70 big blinds, it's easy to pass with these cards, but never with two aces

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It depends on the situation, if you are in a prize bubble and someone in EP or MP goes all-in, as long as your stack is smaller than the one that goes all-in I retire with AK, but with AA I would never do it, you have an 80% chance of winning the hand, if there is a chance that he will win, but you are generally dominating all the A-x highs, there is more danger with middle pairs that can connect a set.

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Have you ever given up on pre-flop AK?
I gave up on pre-flop AKs because it was a satellite blob, there was no point in risking it, it was in the prize, it would even give AA.
In this situation there's really no way, it's very difficult to call or shoot. AK is very blurry in these situations too. After all, it's just 2 high cards, against any combination, they lose, like, to any pair, or a bad beat

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I used to drop TK. But I probably won't drop AA.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a tournament I would never fold AK but in cash game it would depend on the rival

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, for me when I stay in this situation, depends of a quantity of my chips, I put a lot pressure if I play with AK and evaluate in every stage.
Then with AA I go All in good position if not I play aggressive to earn more chips.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
How hard is it to throw these cards away

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Well, if your only goal is just to reach the money in a tournament, then yes, folding AK or AA preflop near the bubble makes sense. But if you want to fight for the top spots, then folding these is just a waste of opportunity to increase your stack and have better chances of winning better price in my oppinion.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes. It's happened to me to throw cards like this before.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depending on the Tournament it is better to fold if another player goes all in, but it is very difficult to fold a pair AA pre flop out of caution

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I folded AK preflop on the bubble. But I don't think so about AA.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you ever fold AK preflop?
I folded AKs preflop because it was a satellite bubble, there was no point in risking it, I was in the prize, I would even fold AA.
Yes I often did. Especially at the bubble but also UTG because I never win with AK suited or not. I most of the time face a pair and don't hit anything.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I wouldn't fold AA nomatter what, and very rarely AK-s

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Certainly, there are situations when you need to fold AK, but AKs or AA are always either an all-in or a 3-bet/4-bet.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It will not be difficult to reset AK on the preflop, especially in front of ITM or having a solid bank and the players will raise. With AA it is more difficult, but there were cases and I went to fold with them.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
AK yes, AA no. The answer is very simple, although I've already flew a pair of aces from the tournament more than once, you will win most of the hands with AA. AK sometimes I let go because here the chances are smaller.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, it happens from time to time that I fold AKs or a premium hand preflop for different reasons. Sometimes 2 or more players go all in before me and so I no longer have enough equity to call.

There are other situations where I fold Ks, for example on the bubble to ensure ITM or in a satellite tournament or in an ICM situation at the final table...

Folding in Poker