pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It happened to me a couple of times and I made the right decision afterwards.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In a tournament, sooner or later you will have to play a coinflip. The more stack you have at this moment, the higher the chances of a normal drift. Since at the beginning, the main thing is to double up as quickly as possible. So that the chances were a little more than others.It's definitely all-in, it's not a shame to fly out with AA.With AA we have an average of 80-85% to win, playing even better than anyone in the world you will never achieve such a profitable result postflop, the conclusion is obvious.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the situation, your stack and the other player's stack. In the early phase of the tournament, I would only consider fold at all-in from opponent. In any later phase it would be much more difficult to folded these hands

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
In a tournament, sooner or later you will have to play a coinflip. The more stack you have at this moment, the higher the chances of a normal drift. Since at the beginning, the main thing is to double up as quickly as possible. So that the chances were a little more than others.It's definitely all-in, it's not a shame to fly out with AA.With AA we have an average of 80-85% to win, playing even better than anyone in the world you will never achieve such a profitable result postflop, the conclusion is obvious.
That's makes sense. But when I folded AKs, I was in second place with less than 12bb, It was a satellite, in that moment, its better dont risk at all, you already gonna take the ticket anyway.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I also did him once in a satellite, there were only two eliminations left and it didn't make sense to play since it's the same to win the entry with many or few chips. In a regular tournament it is different.

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There have been times when I dropped AK, but this is very rare.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
there were times when I did not throw off AA. I was in fourth place, there were only 26 people left in the tournament. And the chip leader answered me with AKs and the whole tournament was over for me. I will not make such a mistake again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214-232047.png
    Screenshot_20230214-232047.png
    516 KB · Views: 18
jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never run away from the game with AK or AA in my hand, it's a very strong game to run away from.

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
there were times when I did not throw off AA. I was in fourth place, there were only 26 people left in the tournament. And the chip leader answered me with AKs and the whole tournament was over for me. I will not make such a mistake again
You did nothing wrong. I would shove with AA because its a tournament and stacks matters, everyone is trying to take the highiest prize. But if its a satellite, and there were only ond elimination left, you are in second place, why would you risk?

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you ever fold AK preflop?
I folded AKs preflop because it was a satellite bubble, there was no point in risking it, I was in the prize, I would even fold AA.
Yes, in some situations the fold is good, where it will be more important to win the prize than to double the chips.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
If I have folded premium hands preflop, including AA. This really depends on several factors, if you are on the bubble, you are cashed and the players involved can take you out of the tournament, but it also depends on your objectives in the tournament, because normally with a premium hand in an early stage or if you are short stack in the late stages of the bubble you will probably go all in preflop.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
depending on the situation, for example, if the transition to the next page is large and there are short stacks at the table, it makes sense to discard the cards and sit them

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
AK in a bubble can be bent but AA never bends them

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
AK can throw it if the bubble is not much left, but I think it's impossible to reset AA. I won't reset it even if I lose, I'd better lose

IzzyMoreno

IzzyMoreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold AA, often folded AK.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also had a case in Setelite, I needed to get out a few more players, and AA comes to me, and I fold without risking, because All in went to me

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Do you ever fold AK preflop?
I folded AKs preflop because it was a satellite bubble, there was no point in risking it, I was in the prize, I would even fold AA.
A-A never is a fold freflop, if you can go all-in and you get paid you have a good chance of winning unless a bad beat falls. A-K sometimes folds preflop, depending on the situation and the context, in cash games and with a position I like to resume and if I see that the rival represents a lot of value or it comes back up again or goes all-in it can be a very easy fold.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In some very rare situations.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It depends... Obviously there are situations where you feel it's not worth the risk. But, usually you will want to at least see the flop with those cards.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have also folded AA on satellites,, many times

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For the most part I dont ever fold preflop AKs or off suite but there are those time I have folded them. Its rare but when the situation comes where there are going to be mutable all in players preflop I will consider folding them depending on the players chip stack ICM if applicable.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, many times on bubble in tournaments and satellites.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I never throw AA, very treacherous AK card, I usually lose it

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, AA only folds if it's a satellite bubble. AKs normal fold for example in the hand in late position, if there was a raise before me, 3-bet, 4-bet

Folding in Poker