% to the flop

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Total posts
Awards
what do you think is a good % to be around to see the flop

I noticed my stats in a touney on PS today and out of 150 hands i was like 15% in all positions to see the flop....pretty tight

any suggestions on where you should be % wise???

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Total posts
Of the flops you daw, whar % of the hands did you win? How many showdowns did you go to? How did you finish?

Including your blinds, 15% is prettu low; either you were getting really crappy cards, or you're playing a very nitty style. That's not necessarily a bad thing, if you're getting maximum return on the hands you do play.

Depending on the type of table you're playing at, playing a few more marginal typr hands when you're in position might be of benefit to your game.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
The problem here is that "% to flop" includes the blinds. Get PT so you and have a more accurate vp$ip statistic. If we assume that 15% (ten handed, 10% in the bb, 5% sb) of your "to flop" % is blinds, so you really are playing very very (too) tight. Obvioulsy, 15% is a high estimate for blind play, as there will be times you fold the bb to a raise, and you probably are playing 9 handed, not 10. Still, too tight given the info we have...

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Total posts
Awards
well i do not actually know exactly what all my other %'s were but i did well in the tourney cashing in the the top 200 out of close to a 3k field...i cashed about 3 times my buyin...anyways i didnt get bad hands just executed well when i got good ones..

in my next tourney i will record everything and post it here too give everyone the correct iformation to make the right opinion :)