Fish Dissection Workshop!

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I created this topic because I'm tired of hearing anything and everything about fish.

The fish is a recreational player who does not want to spend hours learning to play. For him poker is a hobby that costs him money such as skiing or outings.

It is the best ally of the winning player since it will often play badly and let go of dead money so precious for our .

To treat someone fish and insult him is counterproductive since instead of comforting him in his game we put the chip in his ear and force he will start studying the game and become a shark!

The ecosystem is perfect as long as there are fishs agree to compete with the sharks to try to inflict bads. It's the game, we have an edge and the fishs play on the variance and the gamble, "fair enough", it's give-and-give.

As a winning player we should consider the fishs as the customers of an amusement park, our goal is to attract them, entertain them and shave them if possible. Quit to play a bit of the fair beast is the game!

Conclusion: Take a look at the pros like Negreanu, be nice, make people laugh, tell them good call when they are underdog and GG when they touch their two-outter! They will come back...

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you on this point, there’s no need to tap the glass.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree here. If somebody wants to play poker like pure gambling and do not want to invest time to improve their game - well they have the right to do so. They are paying to play and can do whatever they want with their money. Balance in the game is critical so of course such people are needed. The key here for good players is to have enough discipline to avoid being tilted when the fish hits their only out and take our money. Just remember that general trend is you to win money from them and not the opposite.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish vs. Shark

I created this topic because I'm tired of hearing anything and everything about fish.

The fish is a recreational player who does not want to spend hours learning to play. For him poker is a hobby that costs him money such as skiing or outings.

It is the best ally of the winning player since it will often play badly and let go of dead money so precious for our .

To treat someone fish and insult him is counterproductive since instead of comforting him in his game we put the chip in his ear and force he will start studying the game and become a shark!

The ecosystem is perfect as long as there are fishs agree to compete with the sharks to try to inflict bads. It's the game, we have an edge and the fishs play on the variance and the gamble, "fair enough", it's give-and-give.

As a winning player we should consider the fishs as the customers of an amusement park, our goal is to attract them, entertain them and shave them if possible. Quit to play a bit of the fair beast is the game!

Conclusion: Take a look at the pros like Negreanu, be nice, make people laugh, tell them good call when they are underdog and GG when they touch their two-outter! They will come back...

Fish likes to explore the waters looking for food and amusement. They are only afraid of bigger fishes like shark. If you want to dominate a fish then become a shark and they will be running.

However, you can't continue doing this all the time. Very soon they will come with an idea of how to handle sharks and it would be hard to manage them then.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank God for those type of players. Never tap the tank. Every player needs to find an ATM now and then.

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree here. If somebody wants to play poker like pure gambling and do not want to invest time to improve their game - well they have the right to do so. They are paying to play and can do whatever they want with their money. Balance in the game is critical so of course such people are needed. The key here for good players is to have enough discipline to avoid being tilted when the fish hits their only out and take our money. Just remember that general trend is you to win money from them and not the opposite.

Thank God for those type of players. Never tap the tank. Every player needs to find an ATM now and then.

Absolutely everyone plays to extract money. until the player is not good can not lose his time and money for fun and find him often lucky and win

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved this topic Im guilty of getting mad and pointing out the fish, at other times when I am playing recreationally, I AM the fish. So thank you for this

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree, no need to do that

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree! I´m fish... kkkkk

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact not everybody plays poker to win money. I know people who play for fun and do not have a problem to loose particular amount of money just to feel the emotion of the game.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a fish doesn't have to be a recreational player, any player that fills your pocket on bad calls and bluffs is a fish, whether recreational or not.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always thought of a fish as someone with a wide calling range, they're constantly fishing for a good hand using any 2 cards as bait. I don't class a weak aggressive player as necessarily a fish.
That said, I agree with the main point of the original post, I want and need fish around so I can when their money!