first out vs. bubble

Would you rather bust out as the very first player or on the money bubble?

• Total voters
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being first out would make me feel much better than bubbling in that I know that I won't jam 400 BBs early in the tournament unless I know I'm making the right play, and if I get knocked out it means I got badbeeted, whereas bubbling would mean that I didn't build a big enough stack to be much of a force anyway (plus it hurtz :()
Voted first out.

Also experience gained within however much more time you spend playing if you bubble rather than being first out is almost negligible even if you don't play another tournament (it's like, what, 300 hands? - though live play might change this slightly.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both bubbling and first out suck... so I voted bastard.

I hate losing.:mad:

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't really understand why people are agreeing with this - what's stopping you from gaining experience having been the first person out by simply starting another tourney?

edit: voted bastard obv

Well, the dilemma is of course an artificial one. I was assuming a little "charity" here with the choice. But, if you want more parameters: say you only were able to play one tournament that day/weekend; or if you want to make it even more philosophical, how about the famous "evil demon" who gives you the choice if first out vs. bubble for your next x number tournaments (no fair arguing that you would just play them all back to back to get through them, or I'll make x = the rest of your life ;)).

Something like this:

well i guess nothing's necessarily stopping you, but i suppose some people might not want to play another tourney after going first out due to tilt and/or ****-this reasons. or they'd play another and go out early as well. if you bubble, it means you were committed to playing for at least x amount of time, x being pretty long if it's a MTT. still, i don't think that little experience is generally worth all that time + the cost of the buy-in

makes sense too.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i hate to bubble just as much as everyone else. but i'm the type of person that wants to gain something from every experience, no matter how insignificant. since bubble play is a big part of the game, i feel that there is more to be learned. so the next time i am faced with the same bubble situation, i can look back and see what mistakes i made.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate bubbling out. But, I also hate sitting on my hands for 15 minutes while those 10 people go out......it's a double edged sword i'll tell ya

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given a choice I would rather be first out and save the hours of time spent with nothing to show for it.

dweezel

dweezel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Busting out early gets me all out of joint. It's like why did I even sit down and waste a piece of my bankroll on this.

Being the bubble boy is disappointing and usually happens when I get it all-in with the best hand and get unlucky. But I got to go deep and hopefully I learned a few things.

What really makes me mad is when I bust out about half way through. I'm building a nice stack,catching some cards and all of a sudden BAM I do something stupid and "poof" I'm on the rail.... Thats the worst.
Probably because I know I made a bad move or moves and the reason I'm on the rail is because of what I did and I can't blame the dreaded "Random number generator"
Oh, and the RNG never saves me when I make a bad move.

Homey Jeromey

Homey Jeromey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been the bubble boy lately I choose bastard

gamedemon

gamedemon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I voted bubble. I hate investing in a tournament and going out first, but usually I won't go all-in unless it is a decent hand so if someone's pocket rockets beat my Kings, so be it.

But I hate working for 2 or 3 hours and then busting out not ITM. That hurts more, I think.

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted Bastard. No reason really. Umm. Well yep.

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well im not a donkey so some1 had a bad beat on me if im first out, but its really likely i would even consider it without a monster that early...