My first poker set!

H

Hovhannes

Total posts
I'm very excited, I've played Poker for a while now, but never had a set of my own. Well, come Christmas I knew I was getting a set, but it didn't materialize. My mom and wife both kept saying that they never shipped it, and after a while I started to believe them - but today we opened our New Year's Eve presents (ok, albeit one day early because we have a party tomorrow) and what did I behold but chips!!!

I'm very happy with them. They're not the 14 gram variety, they're 11.5 but for my first set I think they're very nice. Huge case, 1000 chips, from $1 denomination to $5 then $25 then $50 and finally $100. They have a hologram of Aces on them as well. Here's a picture of what they look like:

1000XD05.jpg

I can't wait to use them ;)

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Those are very nice...lol, I remember when I got my first set. it was also a Christmas present and it put me over the moon. I was like, I have my own chip set, I'm a REAL poker player now!

Nice set, btw.

pantin007

pantin007

Total posts
i only have a 200 chip set
your set is beautiful
can i come oover and play some cards with u? 10-20 no limit maybe

Tammy

Tammy

Administrator
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
My First Set

Here's a pic of my first set (nice set you got there, Hovhannes):D:

Attachments

• cheapchips.jpg
    cheapchips.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 45
pantin007

pantin007

Total posts
i was bored so i did the math on what was the value of the set and it amounts to =300+1500+5000+5000+10000=21800$ anyone say heads up 50-100PLO

H

Hovhannes

Total posts
so ill come by u or u will come by me
if i come by u ill bring 5000$

I like winning so $5000 sounds like a good deal :p

Seriously, though I can't wait to give my set a whirl. Might tonight ;)

pantin007

pantin007

Total posts
well good luck with ur game if it does get started
i hope u win :)

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Total posts
I am so broke lately the only "set" I look forward to is drawing to my pocket pair in a freeroll.:D

That's a very nice set and hope you have many years of enjoyment with it!:)

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Total posts
Nice set! It's always fun getting a set.

Two helpful links now that you have a set...

Poker-Chip-Caluculator
Create-a-Blind

If you play a lot of decent sized tournies, you may want to get some color-up sized chips. I purchased mine from PokerShoppe. The Four-Aces would probably go with your set pretty well and they're not badly priced. I used these with my set and no one cares that they are not an exact match. Most people just like being able to the throw out the "big chips" :D

Also attached is my own guide I created for my home games. I keep this available to all who play so they can know general rules. You can change it as needed (excel file).

Attachments

• ##PokerGuide2.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Total posts
still haven't figured out why chipsets always come with dice...

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
I have this exact poker chipset, bought it like 6 weeks ago... they are good chips i like them.

H

Hovhannes

Total posts
Played my first game - won my first game! I won a big pot, and then lost a big pot when I raised with my full house 10's over jacks... and my friend beat me with the one thing I was afraid I might see - jacks over 10's. But two wins later I was back in the game with a sizable stack. The end was a showdown that saw jack's and 10's again as I got pocket 10's and my friend's jack-10 offsuit met the flop with a second jack. Then the turn brought out a third 10! The River was nadda and I won with three 10's! I love my chips =)