finding it harder 2 win

R

royalmikeaces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it me . or is it getting harder 2 win in tournaments? im getting sick and tired of all these donks who just keep going all in on every hand! it makes it so difficult to play your good hands because of the fear of a bad donk beat.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it me . or is it getting harder 2 win in tournaments? im getting sick and tired of all these donks who just keep going all in on every hand! it makes it so difficult to play your good hands because of the fear of a bad donk beat.
Well, the more players a tournament has the harder it will be to win. It doesn't only take a decent amount of skill to win, but a bit of luck as well. If you have a few donks at your table playing loose, tighten up your hand range a bit. And if you're holding a monster of a hand PF, don't ever be afraid to put it all in against a weaker player(s). Bad beats will happen, its inevitable but if you're hand is a huge favorite of your opponents, well then you are going to win a lot more times than you are going to lose. These are the situations you look for to try and not only bust the bad players, but double or triple up. Ask yourself: If you're not going to play your good hands in these situations, then what hands are you looking to play?

H

hornellfred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what keeps getting me eliminated in tounaments. I have been in a rut that when I fold to the very loose players I hit the flop and would have won the pot. When I see what they go all in on I have to laugh. Then when I get monster like AA or KK I go all in knowing I am well ahead and lose to a 5-2 un suited, happened last night. KK against 5-2 and I'm ot of the tournament. Loose players are a two-edged sword, they can build you nice pots or beat you with rags.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get this recurring thought. It is late May, Early June, and the poker world is full of wsop anxiety!

I think this is the hardest time of the year at poker. Many wannabees are boning up on the games they hope to compete in at the WSOP, and other tourney's.

I do believe the aggression factor is elevated now, and will be again when the games start airing on TV. This will be making games seem tougher IMO. Add that many of those wannabees are trying out new strategies, new styles, and new levels in their particular preparations for the biggest games of their lives, and things will look tougher.

Solution? I have none. Patience and study are what you will need.

With the Main Event of the WSOP not even being played until November, when all of the early events have presumably been aired by ESPN, this could well stretch until next January before you find a slowed pace at the tables.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me hazzard a guess here. YOu have been playing online for about six months to a year. And now you are finding it harder to win. Simple answer is reevaluate your play, you are overvaluing your skill level. Don't be insulted it happens to everyone. Join a couple of buy ins and that is where the lessons will be learned. good luck.:):):)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get this recurring thought. It is late May, Early June, and the poker world is full of WSOP anxiety!

I think this is the hardest time of the year at poker. Many wannabees are boning up on the games they hope to compete in at the WSOP, and other tourney's.

I do believe the aggression factor is elevated now, and will be again when the games start airing on TV. This will be making games seem tougher IMO. Add that many of those wannabees are trying out new strategies, new styles, and new levels in their particular preparations for the biggest games of their lives, and things will look tougher.

Solution? I have none. Patience and study are what you will need.

With the Main Event of the WSOP not even being played until November, when all of the early events have presumably been aired by ESPN, this could well stretch until next January before you find a slowed pace at the tables.

You're probably right, and although I agree that it may "look tougher", why would wannabe players ever make a game tougher?