Financial independence

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every day I see poker players looking for freeroll passwords and freeroll tickets.
It is common to see the same players mirroring players like Negreanu and Live Boeri.
But the important thing is to understand why these players live poker, they can live from poker because they already have financial stability and they can afford to travel the world to play big poker tournaments.
For those of you who are starting out in poker and want something beyond what freerolls can offer, I advise you to play the freerolls whenever possible, but never give up your true professions.
Through their professions and their regular jobs, you can use some of the money to play big online or live poker events, when you win some millionaire event you can quit your regular jobs and live in poker.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you friend, people forget that many of these poker pros even have sponsorship and live poker only in millionaire tournaments and for us deadly rewards we should play our tournaments and who knows the day when luck knocks on your door and You can always win a good tournament.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish you luck to knock on your door...)))
I do not think that life in poker is fun and serene..)))
:rock::rock::rock:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you 100%, it’s impossible to live in poker, at least in micro-limits. And to play at high limits, you need a good bankroll, which you can easily lose without having much theoretical baggage and practical experience.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope someday I could win a lot in poker. I just made the decision not to touch my banchroll any more. I could someday be able to achieve this dream.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It would be wonderful to be able to make a living from poker but you have to prepare yourself to study and be lucky too ... only a small percentage of players who start from scratch can one day live only poker

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested to hear from someone who's made at least a decent bankroll from freerolls; a non-pro that is... someone who started with nothing and moved up from there. I know it's technically possible, but I haven't seen a post where someone hasn't busted out afterwards (maybe I just missed it). I've seen lots of declarations of taking the challenge, however. And I really hope someone makes it. In any case, I think if you have what it takes to grow from freerolls, you've got what it takes to play for a living. :)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
may even be able to form a good bankroll playing freeroll, but it takes many years and lots of wisdom and discipline. The ideal is to play great games and use freerolls and micro limit only as learning

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
financial stability

Every day I see poker players looking for freeroll passwords and freeroll tickets.
It is common to see the same players mirroring players like Negreanu and Live Boeri.
But the important thing is to understand why these players live poker, they can live from poker because they already have financial stability and they can afford to travel the world to play big poker tournaments.
For those of you who are starting out in poker and want something beyond what freerolls can offer, I advise you to play the freerolls whenever possible, but never give up your true professions.
Through their professions and their regular jobs, you can use some of the money to play big online or live poker events, when you win some millionaire event you can quit your regular jobs and live in poker.
Well said! It's just that many Innoki who play freerolls either haven't made a deposit yet, or are just starting to get acquainted with the game!

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who isn't making enough money playing poker right now would be a fool to quit his day job.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fully agree you need to work in their profession and get money, and when you become a professional in poker, you will get a lot of money you can quit your job and live poker

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you completely. It is very important to have a basic job that brings a stable income. For me, poker is always a source of additional revenue. Therefore, I never worry about my financial condition, and I am confident in my future.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with your thoughts, I'm playing freerolls until make 50$ then I cash out >.<

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players who have built a good bankroll structure in the year 2018 should think higher and look for higher levels at the tables to grow in the game.
Many of the players you see just had the courage to play high levels and were not afraid to risk what they learned.
I still need to learn how to master my emotions.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Believe it or not. One of the reasons I got my roof over my head was playing pokerstars fun money. I would win enough at tables where everyone knew my name. I also played pot limit ,table 409 witch went to table 407 on fulltilt, so the chance to bluff was out to lunch. The more you played against these people the more they tried to get you a roof over your head. Three players even gave me a million on pokerstars LuxBeinABrat, pretty****y, and fruitbottom, to show their ability. This was before the rule changes when you just started with a thousand and the limits were only hundred two hundred for high stakes.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep everything in perspective. I like tournament play as a generality. I have 100 stacks of tournament play for a certain denomination of tournament. Example would be 100 stacks of 55 cent tournaments. My number one goal is to keep building my bankroll. Once my bankroll is big enough to have 100 stacks of $1.10 tournaments than I move up to that level and so forth and so on. This allows me flexibility in my tournament play. For instance, I put my money into a tournament. I don't cash. No big deal. I still have 99 more stacks. It is also nice to gradually build up to play in the next level of tournament play because I am allowed a massive amount of experience between each level. My game is getting better while at the same time my bankroll is getting bigger. Playing poker for a living is not realistic to me at this juncture in my game, but hopefully someday. Doubtful though.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, for someone who has the opportunity to play every day and there is a lot of money, why not play and enjoy the game and get big prizes, if I had such an opportunity and I had a lot of money, I would play Every day I would enjoy playing every day and winning even more, but I have a job and I can’t quit my job and I only play in my free time and try to raise my bankroll on freerolls and then play cash games or tournaments and try to win more!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good advice. Thanks. I have a job that brings me the main income. Unfortunately, poker is currently unprofitable for me. I spend about 20-30 dollars a month on the game. I hope that next year I will be able to improve my game and stop losing money.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you hit the head of the nail with your title, Financial Independence. Personally, I can never see myself risking money I cannot afford to lose or placing hopes in earning an income from poker. For me to play any kind of a circuit, say the HPT, for instance, I would first need to have the discretionary income to do so. Right now, that's not looking too likely, but you never know.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, you're quite right, it's just that you said, very good advice my friend, the truth is more difficult nowadays get to achieve live poker.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with this is, if you have a profession, when will you have time to chase your poker dream, especially if you have a family?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you but it is not impossible to live poker and for me to have as a profession to be a professional poker player is a dream, I will not give up my work for that and lose my income but as all dreams I will pursue and I hope to achieve at some point in my life

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly, there are accounts payable,it is necessary to have management in life and in Poker, analyze the context itself and on the basis of that, set yours priorities

dyn_amo

dyn_amo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not many players have much money, so playing more freerolls.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's exactly it, if we have other jobs, we take poker as a hobby. I wish all of us luck!!