Feedback wanted: idea for poker "team"

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking about the concept of staking the other day, and that led to the idea: what if there was a small group of people, probably just around 4-5 of them, in an organized staking group, a sort of "poker team"? The idea would be that everyone chips in for one member of the team to participate in a tournament on a possibly daily but more likely weekly basis, to allow all members to play at a level of stakes and potential prize money beyond what they could feasibly do on their own.

However, I'm at a loss when it comes to figuring out the best way to handle the finances for such an idea if I want to actually attempt to put it together. Should it be equal contribution for all members, and any winnings distributed evenly or put in some kind of communal bankroll? Should the "team" just follow standard conventions of staking, with the person due to participate covering at least half of their action? Both approaches have their high and low points, and furthermore I feel like there's some third way to do it that I'm just not seeing. Anyone have any ideas? Anything to point out that could be other problems with this?