Fears during the game: what to do?

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all. I've been playing poker for over 4 years now, but it's only recently. I play in a good and relatively stable plus, but there is a problem. I probably need some psychological help, but I don't think a psychologist can help me. Here's the thing: every time I sit down to play I get scared, my muscles tense, discomfort. And it doesn't matter whether I win or lose, I feel fear when I'm playing. I think it's the fear of losing money, but even a drawdown of 40 BI will leave me at my limit. While the maximum down was 25 BI. I've had that feeling for exactly half a year, I just can't remember any further. Now I sat down to play again and I felt uncomfortable...

How do I learn not to be afraid to play and not be afraid of bad decisions? Has anyone had this happen to them? What did you do?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
is it really fear or is it just excitement? When it comes to fear, you should first ask yourself why are you so afraid? When it comes to losing money, you are probably playing with money that you shouldn't be playing with. To avoid this, you can have a limit imposed on you in many poker rooms, so that you can only lose a certain amount and when you have reached that you can no longer play with real money for a certain period of time. How long that is depends entirely on whether you have set a daily, weekly or monthly loss limit. It might not take away your fears, but it will at least give you some security when it comes to losing money.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi all. I've been playing poker for over 4 years now, but it's only recently. I play in a good and relatively stable plus, but there is a problem. I probably need some psychological help, but I don't think a psychologist can help me. Here's the thing: every time I sit down to play I get scared, my muscles tense, discomfort. And it doesn't matter whether I win or lose, I feel fear when I'm playing. I think it's the fear of losing money, but even a drawdown of 40 BI will leave me at my limit. While the maximum down was 25 BI. I've had that feeling for exactly half a year, I just can't remember any further. Now I sat down to play again and I felt uncomfortable...

How do I learn not to be afraid to play and not be afraid of bad decisions? Has anyone had this happen to them? What did you do?

Hi.
I always follow bankroll management, so I never feel afraid to lose money. I do not risk more than 3% of my deposit and therefore I simply have nothing to fear. Instead of fear, the game brings me only pleasure. :)

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gaming fears

as a rule, fears while playing for money and not necessarily in poker, there are places to be when playing not in the bank, everything else is prejudices !!))

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think you approach poker differently than it is; you have to think that it is just a game that needs to be played; it's so simple and most importantly don't gamble the money you can't afford to lose:)

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

go on the internet and type hypnosis or meditation to chase away fear, and simply follow by listening, you will see there are very simple breathing methods that do you good and you will no longer think about fear,

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also had such unpleasant sensations. They, too, sometimes appear and do not retreat until you begin to understand that these fears interfere with your game.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that if it's real fear about losing money you should drop stakes, play freerolls and be strict about bankroll management. But I think anxiety and excitement are a normal part of playing poker, especially when you are in a big hand or getting towards the finish line. All your senses are alert and you are electrified. Yes it can be uncomfortable, but you know you are alive! Love it or hate it.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't play money you can't afford to lose.
Build a bankroll from freerolls. If you can't cash out in freerolls you probably shouldn't be playing with your money.
Remember that variance is cruel. But sometimes she is on our side. The problem is that when it favors us, we don't care about it. Accept this: as much as we play well, we are all hostages to variance. The most we can do is try to dodge it.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me but not to such a degree, in me it was more than anything the expectation I had of wanting to win money and go far in tournaments, from the beginning I had a bad time, seeing how my stack was decreased by the blinds, I saw the lobby every so often, and little by little I got over it, always repeating to myself that all this is part of poker and that the important thing is to make the right decisions and that's how I didn't have that feeling again, maybe it's very different from your feeling but I share what I experienced with mine, it's been a long time since you've had that feeling and I don't see it as healthy for you to continue like this:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that you just need to learn how to use your bankroll wisely, and then you will not be able to lose more than you can afford! You will not have the fear that you will lose everything now and it will become a habit! Good luck at the tables!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once had the same problem. I solved it by analyzing my hands, highlighted common mistakes and made a game plan, where I described what I should not do. It has become much more pleasant and easier to play.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you are too anxious to play poker. Maybe it's not a good sport for you.

But if you want to overcome your fears, you should search for some psychological help or try to learn some meditation techniques.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fear does not arise in a vacuum.
You usually get into this state when you have the best hand, you bet for value, and on the river your opponent catches his out. Five or six such draws in a row and here hi is fear.
The best way to deal with this condition is to take a break. Do not play in such a state, nothing good will happen.

Top 10 Games