Favorite wsop main event final table

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all,

A few days ago, I had watched the 1981 wsop Main Event. I've always been a Stu Ungar fan. I enjoy watching someone's arrogance. Which televised WSOP main event is your favorite and why?

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello to all,

A few days ago, I had watched the 1981 WSOP Main Event. I've always been a Stu Ungar fan. I enjoy watching someone's arrogance. Which televised WSOP main event is your favorite and why?

Yes, Stu Ungar was way ahead of his time!

Chris Moneymaker (2003) is still my favorite - lots of deep runs from well known players and the heads-up with Sammy Farha was very entertaining. Also his name is still too perfect! :D

Good luck to you!

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The jamie gold one was the most fun to watch because I was rooting for that guy to lose harder than I have ever rooted for anyone to win. Of course the luckbox sucked out and won anyway but I still enjoyed that final table the most. Second would be moneymaker. If Farha wins maybe poker doesn't have the big boom that it did. But an amateur winning it all against pros made everyone think they could do it too.

Ehemionus

Ehemionus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t know if I have a favorite. The last 10 or so don’t have the same powerful memory to me that the final tables from 2003-2009.

I loved when Hachem tricked the accountant into calling his shove when he turned that sick straight. That final table saw the self destruction of that Irish Buddhist dude. It’s beautiful when a player breaks. Hachem also won when he was down to nothing. It was as if he came out of nowhere to win it.

Farha is my all time favorite poker player so the one with him and Moneymaker was pretty good.

Jerry Yang’s final table had some amazing moments. Loved how Scotty Nguyen fell apart to that one player who then fell apart to Yang when he shoved a flush draw that missed. Also that old dude who finished 3rd or 4th called a sick hero bluff with 55 on a very ugly board.

Jamie Gold’s won was my favorite Main Event (from start to finish). So many memorable moments. Loved when Prahlad Friedman and Jeff Lisandro were at each other. Some amazing poker there.

WSOP