Favorite Starting hand besides the Obvious

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing what seems a billion hands, I have found a favorite ordinary hand that most players would automatically fold.
Since any hand can win, and ordinary hands seldom do—and since somebody once ranked hands, & now players play “range” I started playing an ordinary hand I would in the past automatically fold. What is it? The hand is 5-10. I won three pots in a row with it & like the card distribution from it. It seems I’m seldom out of a hand.
Game theory anyone?

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend JAV R .. nice to greet you, of course I would love to read about strategies, at the moment devouring all the advice that cardschat gives us for free, and spent studying strategies for tournaments, I have been a little bad lately, I do not link nothing at all ,, not even the AAs themselves I could win them, a variance that was negatively lengthened, but as I told you I have only been studying and I found it funny your 5 10 ... it is the hand of a friend of mine in poker ... a pleasure to greet you and I will wait for your messages to improve my poker ... thank you friend ,,,

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do something similar but with the letters 75

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always heard 5 - 10 was the bomb, now that I read it, seems true! Why not run the hand with other billion you have played and show the results?

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 10
I'm always lucky with these pairs, I think I have something with the number 10, I like that number, and I like to take risks with it.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always win with the KQ', s, my favourite start hand.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a well position suited 67 i like to play at times

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing what seems a billion hands, I have found a favorite ordinary hand that most players would automatically fold.
Since any hand can win, and ordinary hands seldom do—and since somebody once ranked hands, & now players play “range” I started playing an ordinary hand I would in the past automatically fold. What is it? The hand is 5-10. I won three pots in a row with it & like the card distribution from it. It seems I’m seldom out of a hand.
Game theory anyone?

5-10 is the strongest starting hand in poker. It’s impossible to make a straight without one or the other, so having both doubles your chances!

In all seriousness my favourite starting hand is J10s. You can’t get a worse straight with the three over cards like is possible with most other starting hands (eg 67s and board has 8910). Also if you get QKA on board you can make a lot against someone holding AK, AQ or KQ or QQ+ which are very common preflop hands to play.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

par QQ They impact a lot on my game it has been profitable for me !!!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands