Favorite Poker Variation to Play?

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious, what is everyone’s favourite style of poker to play? I learned how to play Hold’em first, and fell in love with the game. I only played that for years, until jumping into other forms such as 7 card stud, Omaha, and even back to good old draw poker. I think my favourite is a toss up between Hold’em and Omaha, but I love all the others as well, and love mixing it up, and keeping it different. What’s everyone else’s favourites?

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like to play different poker, from the cardat tournament there was a tournament for different types of poker, and recently I liked Chinese poker.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy Omaha and Omaha H/L as a break from NL Holdem because it is a comfortable change for me to transition to rather than just playing and not knowing what I'm doing. I enjoy the risk/reward part of the game because many players that you ask will say, "you either win big or lose big" - sometimes it is fun to have that play to mix things up even if you're playing low stakes.

Other games I'm not much into like stud and various home games that I've heard of, I like to stick to those that I know well and feel confident in while giving my mind a break on the same ol same ol.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I've said in previous posts, and I do not want to repeat myself. My favorite game is no limit holdem.:rolleyes:

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold’em is great for sure, and it’s easy for new people to play, which is why I think it’s the go to game, Omaha can be intense for new people, because a lot of them think it plays like Hold’em, but it’s a whole lot
Bigger. I love mixing it up for sure, I just really hate wild card games lol

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like Limit Hold'em for a change from NLHE. Mixes it up a little bit now and then.

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven’t played limit in years, maybe ill mix in a game of limit here soon.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definily the Omaha! chinese is good too

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven’t played Chinese poker before. I have heard it’s the new rave. It looks complex. Is it easy to learn?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm most expert in the stud games (razz, hi/low, high), so those are definitely my favorites. A newer game, Archie (triple draw hi/low split) is the one I consider most fun though. It's great to play a game in which you don't know if the other player(s) are going high or low (or both with certain flushes or straights!).

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stud is complicated

That's why I like it! It requires you to be active in the hand, paying attention to dead cards especially, and interpreting hands based on those dead cards and the action. So much fun!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
You are about 3 years too late it was the rave then. It isn't too hard to learn.

I haven’t played Chinese poker before. I have heard it’s the new rave. It looks complex. Is it easy to learn?

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like them all but my favorite variation are the stud games.:bandit:

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Razz and Stud Hi Lo are my favorites. There is a lot more information on the board, than say, Texas Hold'em. I also like the mixed games that include them both.

All the Omaha games, are high on the list as well.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like playing Texas Holdem.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play holdem, I hardly play Omaha.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha Hi-Lo and Stud Hi-Lo are among my favorites to play.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big fan of Omaha and recently I started playing stud.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I love Omaha, I play holdem. very liked the game Badugi

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to the Hold'em, I also like Omaha; at the last time I was also interested in Chinese poker

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a little bit Omaha, I also liked it very much. But somehow it didn't agree. That's why Hold'em only Hold'em!!!:rolleyes:

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy Omaha HI b/c it seems like even if the flop isn't that great you still have a possibility of getting the nuts. Idk why but that mindset draws me to the game but unfortunately most sites don't have very high Omaha traffic