Favorite hand

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely KK. With hands like these, I win 90% of the hands.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was just reviewing some hand histories of tourneys this year, to gain some insight into which hands I tend to win the most chips with and which hands are losers. I was surprised that AA doesn't appear on either list.
My biggest winners are almost exclusively premium hands, peppered with the odd pocket 77 and suited AXs.
My biggest losers aren't particularly interesting...but does give me insight to tighten up more.
I used to like to play T7s as you can fold to bad boards easily...and because poker stars seemed to live flopping T7 a couple years ago. But I don't play it very often anymore.
I suppose KK is up there. I'm happy to do a BIG 3-bet or 4-bet with KK. as long as the flop Ace-hole free, keep firing on pace to knock-out on river-bet...being wary of straights and flushes. (Can't really be wary of sets as they're hidden).

But in the end, you need to play relatively tightly and according to position, action, where you are in the game (early/mid/bubble/late/FT), the personalities at your table...etc. Don't get too bogged down with "liking" starting hands. Getting married to a hand is just going to cause you to lose chips. there is no such thing as luck, just chance and probability. Backing winning horses like AA, KK, QQ AK, AQ and KQ will show you how to be "luckier".

Show me a player with a favourite-non-primum-hand, and I'll show you a person who spews chips.

Cheers,
JT

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be lucky with a couple of cards 6 and 9 from time to time, but lately they've been letting me down. So I think favorite hands are not among my favorites for a long time.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dunno why, but love KQs) Maybe my luckiest hand)

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My favorite hand is A A, especially late in the tournament.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AA, but in 50 percent of cases they run over me (((

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star