Family vs Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be able to play poker requires a lot of time, in addition to an ideal environment, how can you maintain the balance between family and the game?:confused:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like with everything else in life you should have priorities and balance your free time. online poker gives you the ability to be able to play at any time from any place with internet so if you plan carefully you can easily fit few hours per week for poker even with busy schedule.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Family is the priority and when i have a little free time i'm thinking how to use it : playing poker, having a beer with friends, watching a movie.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on weekend and in the night mostly
During the day it is difficult

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be able to play poker requires a lot of time, in addition to an ideal environment, how can you maintain the balance between family and the game?:confused:

Plan out your days and weeks to ensure that you have time for both.

The same way grown ups schedule work, play, activities with the family... you can do the same with poker

schedule time to play, schedule time to study, schedule time to handle your responsibilities as a contributing member to your family, and schedule quality time with them too.

If you do this you will feel fulfilled in the long run. If however you just obsess about the game and ignore the people who care about you... well... don't be surprised if they aren't there to share quality time with you in the future.

Put simply... enjoy the game... but don't let it takeover your life... there's more to life than just playing poker, and when you know what else there is to enjoy, it will motivate you to play better and get better results when you do actually have the time to play. :driver:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should take to your family and organize the best time for you to play. My family is not a big fan of poker, so, I start to play at night after dinner time, because I know that no one is going to bother me.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have no problem with my family about poker and that's because the time allotted for poker is in the evening and not every night, so most of the time I'm at home is dedicated to the family.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes they are against it,but mostly they don't interfere...

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker should not interfere with the normal atmosphere in the family (you need to spend time and family and your hobby)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
I think you need to find a compromise based on your situation. I also have a family, and there is very little time left to play poker, but I still find time for my favorite hobby. I usually play 3 days a week, 3 hours a day.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as I have a job and can provide for my family they will not mind or tell me that I cannot do something

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to spend more time family, poker when profit

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's quite impossible unless your family is extremely calm and quiet. More likely is that those things do not match.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never let poker take time from my family. If it came between choosing something to do with them or poker they won every time. Not saying I didn't play poker but I would do it on my time. Now my family has grow up so I play poker all the time unless my grandchildren come over to play or there is a family event.

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to balance. I find myself internally planning when I can play so it's sometimes all consuming. Yes, I think I may have an addiction problem, but I guess that's why this forum helps. It's my version of AA.

Overall though, my family does come first. I'd rather spend time with them than be playing poker. I just have to keep reminding my addiction of this.:rolleyes:

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
having the right priorities and paing attantion to everything is easy

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For this thread I'm gonna use the words of the master David "Chip" Reese:
No matter how much you win, take care of your health and avoid the serious vices of drugs, excessive alcohol, overeating, etc. Relationships (specially family) are important. Gambling can be a way to make money, but it should never be the entire reason for your existence.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think family is the first and every other time to go to poker or other things to do. :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Poker many not require the amount of time you think it does. Also, in regard to Poker vs Family, it should really be Poker & Family.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
tipejo767

Of course, sometimes it gets in the way, so we must adapt our game schedules, unless you want to be or are a professional, and live only on poker. hugs

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
..The same way grown ups schedule...
Put simply... enjoy the game... but don't let it takeover your life... there's more to life than just playing poker..

Well put Evan! We both know that if at least one person heeds your hard earned advice then this post will have been worth it.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to plan my time for playing poker. Usually I always sit down in the evening.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fight but we have to get through it. But always family first.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Matches for our country start in the morning. At that time the family is asleep.no problem.
Proud be a srilankan:):)

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Attention is required to play well and be at home and spend a lot of time playing poker sometimes causes complaints, it is about playing unnoticed to avoid family conflicts