Family

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does your family support you to play poker?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My family supports me in absolutely everything. My family always comes first for me, and we always find a compromise in any issue.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dont know. Dont care. Specially as family itself might like something which i dont lol ...

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but I only play recreationally! Maybe if I was trying to be a professional I would face some resistance, but overall I think I would continue to have support from my family!

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They dont know of course but i doing it for fun so they dont care.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't live my life trying to please others,,,i'm super-nice until it's time not to be nice. :deal:

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Friends and girlfriends support, we often exchange impressions of the games:)

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They don't know about it, but i believe that they won't. My family is a bit conservative and poker for them is just a no go.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if they support it because I do not put anything at risk. just for fun and to have a good time outside the routine of work.
it does not interfere with my duties at all

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment, thank God, no one is discouraging me from poker. And when I started playing poker, all my relatives were very against it. They were afraid that I would lose a lot of money.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My mother was also afraid for me when I told her I was playing poker, both of her brothers had a gambling problem so I completely understood her position.

This was back in 2008 well before Black Friday happened in America (which basically ended the dream, thanks US Government you bastards LOL)

As for Mom... she didn't criticize me for very long. You see, I had my biggest score ever back then, taking second place in a 3-dollar-rebuy tournament that ended up with a prize pool of over $73K (that's a LOT of 3-dollar pops!!!! I saved the screenshot of course, 6111 entries with 15,335 rebuys and 3051 addons LMAO)

With the proceeds of that score, I bought Mom a big-screen television that still hangs on her wall today, almost 13 years later. She's never criticized me once since then. :D

Today, in the so-called "Land of the Free", my main poker site is poker stars play chips... and I dabble with freeroll monies on a few other gray-market sites like ACR and BOL... but the glory days are long gone, there are no more HDTV purchases on my horizon. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. :D And it sure didn't last long enough.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They do not interfere to this, it is my choise and my hobby! Simple!

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Total family support here, but even if some or none of them supported me, I would still play as its something I love doing.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first they complained and thought it was a waste of time and apart they looked at it as just another gambling game, but over the years they have realized that it is a fun sport to play in which you can make a good sum of money if you learn to play moderate then they no longer interfere with my game like they used to. Regards.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My daughter didn't like it when I played because I was nervous but she said it was because of the cigarette so I stopped smoking and now I'm winning more so my daughter is happier because when I win she earns $$$ too.

:):D:rolleyes:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't abuse poker and it doesn't affect my family at all so they support me because they know that this game is recreational for me after a day of work, I don't play every day, a few times a week in the evening ..

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some how they do with a struggle, they think is not a winning game rather a game of a flip coin which is hard!!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Yes, thank God he supports me and trusts me that one day I will live from this! I hope it happens soon !!! regards

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a separate issue. We try to get along with each other about poker.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my wife doesn't really like me playing poker because I spend a lot of time on the computer and she complains. rsrsrsrsrs.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They support it but literally no one understands it. My only frustration is them not wanting to try to understand it beyond "gambling".

I remember in 2003 I was 18 just graduated high school. The boom had just happened and everyone was playing all the time. A group of about 12 of us would play $5-$10 SNG for days on end. I got into an argument with my mom and moving out came up, she said "maybe your poker buddies will give you place to sleep" but she said it with the disgust and attitude you would say "your druggy loser friends". She doesn't know how deep that cut but Ill never forget that.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My wife totally supports me. I am very grateful to her.