Extended Hiatus

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone else had a hard time getting motivated to play over the last year or so? I blame COVID lol. Maybe not being able to attend any live games, sort of made me disinterested in playing online as well, or maybe it's just all the added stress, things sure have been all over the place with family, work and extra crap that needs to be done now. I'm wondering if anyone else has been basically on break from poker, or if it's just been me? I'm going to try getting on at least for one game every weekend and hope that sparks my interest again, though actually playing well might be a different story. I have to reachieve my freeroll club access, but the lack of drive to play lately, doesn't have me trying too hard unfortunately. Hopefully this disinterest passes sooner rather than later, 'cause it sure is different for me. Anyone else been having issues since this whole pandemic thing?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Getting motivated to play, never. Have there been time I was tired and needed a break, hell yeah. Some people will play as they want to make money of stay high ranked in a league or something. When I am tired I just take a break. Never last more than a few days but we should not over push it and need to be motivated to play. You will see times when I play 5 or 10 tournaments in a month, your more lily to see me play 75 or more every month for 6 months in a row.If your not feeling motivated to play just take a few days off. Helps me.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! During the pandemic, my motivation to play has only increased, because I see so many weak players who have come to have fun at the poker table!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
100%. I haven't been motivated to put in any effort for a while now. I haven't played a cash game hand in months, and the only mtt hands I play are cc freerolls. Even then all I care to do it punt my stack in the cc games and do it all again the next day.

I've lost patience to grind out mtts for hours, and end up blasting off after an hour or so. I feel lucky to make it to the first break right now.

Hope the desire comes back soon. Until then, i'll continue donating my chips in the cc games :).

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is unlikely that the situation with the pandemic affected your game. Although the pandemic has affected all aspects of our lives. I also have apathy for the game of poker and I associate this more with my hands in which they absurdly win me on various garbage, or they give a strong pair in their hands (KK) and AA will definitely meet me.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if it happened to me due to lack of time !!! I really like poker, but as you say, the family, the work and this whole situation sometimes makes it difficult to play often !! I understand you, the same has happened to me ... now I'm trying to resume and play more often !!! I am glad that you continue playing do not lose interest I send you a cordial greeting .. colleague !!!