Expectation and Reality

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone! I want to share my thoughts with you:)I noticed when I play my favorite game with a lot of hope of winning or at least hitting the final table in tournaments,then it makes me lose.But when I play without mood and there is no hope for any of the tournaments, then luck smiles at me and I go very far.Somehow strange this is happening to me, I play with hope I lose, I play without hope I win.Strange of course it all works for me:rolleyes:How does it work for you? Do your hopes come true or victory comes unexpectedly when you do not expect:)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

i dont think that hope has anything to do with poker...or any other game by the way
you must play it straight slowly and professionaly
then you´ll get somewhere
rgds

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens when you start playing without preparation, everything changes for the better, you get to the final table more often. Of course, it turns out funny.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play in a bad mood or carelessly. This is necessarily a losing game. Maybe you are too overexcited when you play with the idea of winning and make the wrong decisions in this state, but when you are calm your thoughts work soberly.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! I want to share my thoughts with you:)I noticed when I play my favorite game with a lot of hope of winning or at least hitting the final table in tournaments,then it makes me lose.But when I play without mood and there is no hope for any of the tournaments, then luck smiles at me and I go very far.Somehow strange this is happening to me, I play with hope I lose, I play without hope I win.Strange of course it all works for me:rolleyes:How does it work for you? Do your hopes come true or victory comes unexpectedly when you do not expect:)

Thats not hope. Its like fishing. You gotta wait. If you want to catch fish right here right now, you might go as far as in the water to look up for fish.
You gotta wait, and not expect things happening right here right now.
No pressure.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi !What you wrote probably happens to everyone.You can't predict the outcome of your game in advance-that's what the game is all about.It happens to me in the same colors.And I note that it can be very difficult to sneak up on the final tables, even if the game as a whole is on your side.Maybe there will come a time when we will learn how to beat the limits, but for now I am marking time in one place and it has been a long time since I got to the final table.Good luck to you!

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes exactly!
It is necessary to lower the importance. The main thing is not to try to deceive yourself: "It doesn't matter to me, but I want to win." We must somehow learn to reduce the importance and just play.:icon_geek:flute:

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you're playing different inconsciently? Less fear can be good sometimes.

avangard555

avangard555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, it is obvious that when you are counting on a financial result, it affects your actions in the game. Well, for example, you start to play more aggressively, fold less and thus pay for good combinations of opponents, etc. When you don't play on the result, you play individual hands without emotional attachment to the expected result, you play more coolly, so to speak. I described it approximately, I have something like this in the game

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you can play football with the hope of winning, but not poker. When playing poker, you should first focus on your own decisions and avoid mistakes, and then maybe luck will smile on you.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can play football with the hope of winning, but not poker. When playing poker, you should first focus on your own decisions and avoid mistakes, and then maybe luck will smile on you.

Lately luck been laughing at my face :(

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. You hit the nail on the head. Emotions and poker can lead into the twilight zone. That is why those BOTs are so successful...no emtions. If you have time for study, check Blackrain79 out. He has stuff on Youtube and has a web site. He has great stuff. If you take the time to read and reread his material, you will win. Hope this helps.

Dan'O

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Hey MAGICUZ,
I want to start by saying that hope and reality have nothing to do with each other. We can hope for something to happen as much as we want, that would never alter reality in any way. On the other hand, we can influence and even change the outcome of many things or events by working, being prepared, doing research..etc...
The above goes for poker too of course. Playing a poker tournament with a "high expectation" will make you play under a lot of pressure, damage your game and cause deception (if eliminated) . Going in with confidence, ready to face the challenge and adapt to whatever situations you may be encountering is the proper way to deal with the uncertainty of poker. Good luck...

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a good example of expectation and reality ... hahaha take a look at this hand ... 3rd of 18 players remaining for $ 100k and we are in 18th position

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9BDfDlvHr/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

From your opinion about this hand, when you have a very high expectation that you will win the hand, reality shows you the opposite, good studies.

Last edited:
T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me too. I don't know why it's happening, but it's happening. From disinterest to victory. :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each tournament follows a different scenario...sometimes a good start - and then a crash...sometimes a terrible start - and a deep passage... always in different ways :)

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play without exception. I play as good as i can play and mybe im lucky or not