Exercise and Meditation

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been reading a lot about the mental game, and these two topics come up frequently. I've been exercising more as a result (at least one bike ride every other day on average) as well as taking some time for guided meditations, and I have to say I've noticed some improvements.

I'm a bit more positive throughout the day -- which for me is saying a lot -- and I feel like I have more energy and focus for my games and study.

I think these are good life-things in general, but have the rest of you taken on a routine for your mental health for the game? If so, what are your experiences and results?

Anyway, good luck to everyone at the tables! :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sport helps me. I exercise at least 3-4 times a week and without a doubt, it has a positive effect not only on my poker results but also on my personal life in general.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have a lot of work and very little time for poker, so when I have the opportunity to play I am just happy and I do not need any extra exercises or meditation.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exercise has been one of my top anti-tilt tips for years. I run or workout every morning, literally a game changer for me.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I went all in on a free roll with J10 because I wanted to play TF2, my other community..time confliction was issue.

Meditation, let’s see..start here :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me personally, daily meditation is a necessity. Thanks to meditation, I am always in a good mood and I feel positive. Meditation also allows me to be more focused, patient and disciplined.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's all right. Moderate physical activity and calmness of mind after meditation allows you to tune in to a positive wave and, in general, make always the right decisions.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sport is great. Don't stop, health is very important!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.First of all,it is nice to read you are feeling better and with more evergy thanks to exercise and meditation..In my case,I used to run every mornng but now just walk .I try to eat healthy food by adding more vegetables and fruits to my diet and avoid as much as possible fat food..A good rest is also essential..

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... beyond how good exercise and meditation can do to improve your game in poker ... is how good it does to improve your overall health ... in fact it is recommended by doctors ... should become a habit of all of us ...! for this reason I do think it helps improve my poker game ...!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes in some cases could be good, doing some exercise and meditation it´s always helpful no matter what is your trouble

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
20 - 25 km a day outdoors on a bike is my daily routine in the warm weather months. It's the stationary bike in the basement during the winter. I've tried meditation over the years but have never stuck with it. Will be trying again soon.

But diet is absolutely critical too. I've been using an App MyFitnessPal to monitor my diet & fitness. Works great and can't help but lose weight.

Has it helped my poker game? I have to say a resounding "maybe".

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife n kids recently gifted(Father's Day) me a Scooter (motorized) and it gets me outside and keeps me active and its a hell of alot more fun than jogging,,, :ridinghor:icon_boun weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!