Everything is Possible

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the salary in brazil is around 1200 (reais), in dollars something around 240 dollars, do you think it is possible for a beginner with one year later to get around that per month through a management that has mtt and cash in the games grid? not necessarily taking it out every month but with a good consistency?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Remain positive. Play until you can finish on average in the top 15%. You should play for long enough to have a large number of hands played. Be patient, anything is possible.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's just my opinion, don't choose poker to push for results.
poker is extremely cruel and unfair if you try to control it.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
And i thought that in Brazil (in Rio) everyone is wearing white pants and sailing on yachts :D
Of course, it is possible to win a couple of hundred at micro-stakes, if you study at least Sklansky's book "Theory of Poker"...

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it's absolutely real if you set yourself that goal and work every day to achieve it. This is all the more real for members of our community, who have the obvious advantage of being able to build a bankroll from scratch by playing in our daily freerolls. Therefore, everything is absolutely real and possible.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know, as a beginner, it all depends on how talented and hardworking they are. Have you heard the expression? talent is enough to study poker for six months, for an ordinary person for 2 years, and for a monkey for 3 years. ))) In my example, I have been playing poker for over 8 years and do not understand anything, and I am lower than a monkey. But I have a bankroll, no deposit.
And an important part of the money won in my bankroll is from Cardchat tournaments, thanks to this money, I was able to increase my bankroll.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but a lot of discipline is required and be aware that many days you will not come out positive, as they mention poker is usually cruel and in cash it can put you on the ropes, in terms of tournaments try to play satellites to qualify for tournaments that gives me good results To keep my bankroll well and have profits, combining both cash and tournaments at the same time takes more concentration because they are played differently, but of course you can achieve what you mention, luck and success:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the salary in Brazil is around 1200 (reais), in dollars something around 240 dollars, do you think it is possible for a beginner with one year later to get around that per month through a management that has mtt and cash in the games grid? not necessarily taking it out every month but with a good consistency?

Possible.

If you are playing MTTs, focus on game selection! With only needing $200/month, you just simply play all of the $1 - $10 MTTs that provide good value. If you need help in determining the value of a certain tournament I can give you some starting points. :)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
the salary in Brazil is around 1200 (reais), in dollars something around 240 dollars, do you think it is possible for a beginner with one year later to get around that per month through a management that has mtt and cash in the games grid? not necessarily taking it out every month but with a good consistency?

Of course it is possible. However, is this a good path? Whilst I like the idea of pro poker, you need to be able to bankroll your game. For me, in the UK, I cannot easily replace my salary with poker. Well, not yet, at least. My bankroll is only large enough for small stakes at the moment, and I'm still finding holes to plug. Is your game solid? Can you get in the top 10-15% on a regular basis?

I think there are enough games out there for most people here to find a game that they can reliably beat. But you need to have an edge. It isn't good enough to simply play TAG and expect you to excel compared to your opponents.

Apart from playing, what effort are you putting in?

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is quite possible. The reality of Brazil is quite similar, although not the same, to that of argentina. Being consistent, taking the game almost as a job, without doing stupid things at the tables, I think you can get to that number ... And have a salary playing poker. But you have to be very consistent.:cool::cool:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be interesting to know the basic principles for choosing profitable MTTs...

The best way I could describe it is a balance between perceived ITM % and what a min cash ROI would be. Because not all MTTs have the same payout structure or pay jumps, this balance becomes a highly intuitive skill that can be developed.

For example, pretend these two MTTs have 5 mins left of late reg:

Tournament A - 80/285 players left, 71 paid Min cash = 20% ROI

Tournament B - 115/299 players left, 71 paid Min cash = 20% ROI

Which MTT has a better value?

Tournament A, because the perceived ITM% is higher (only 9 away from the bubble vs 44 in Tournament B) while the min cash ROI remained the same.

As you can see, this is a very basic example and many other "complex" factors go in to my decisions of which MTTs to play (and when to enter).

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have learned that in poker nothing is as easy or as planned, take your time, learn and never forget that it is a game, it is made for fun. Of course this is my humble opinion

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possible.

If you are playing MTTs, focus on game selection! With only needing $200/month, you just simply play all of the $1 - $10 MTTs that provide good value. If you need help in determining the value of a certain tournament I can give you some starting points. :)
Yeah Man , feel free to share your advices i would like ;) thanks for your suport

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In brazil as in postsovetique countries poker is great job, because of high income even for low regulars. I guess you should try it.