+EV move vs Bad Etiquette

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it all part of the game? Putting and opponent on tilt?

Slow rolling those nuts, player bashing.

There are lots of stand up guys that let their poker skill do the talking.

But is the extra stuff also part of poker?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything that gives you +EV and is not against the rules is legal to be used. Some players push the border as close as possible to the legal trying to get every possible advantage and other try to follow some good manners. It is different for everyone.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For those I just use 'block the chat' option :)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most +EV thing you can ever say or do is to tell a fish who just won a huge pot by making a massive error, that he played the hand correctly and congratulate him on his win.

Apart from that, not much else is +EV online. You can sometimes irritate people but talking crap in the chat, but all that does is have them play back against you and puts you in uncomfortable spots and probably make more mistakes than it's worth.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it all part of the game? Putting and opponent on tilt?

Slow rolling those nuts, player bashing.

There are lots of stand up guys that let their poker skill do the talking.

But is the extra stuff also part of poker?

Focus on controlling your emotions, instead of manipulating others. :)

I feel like the borderline shot taking compromises your good nature at the table, which is the most important area to maintain.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't recommend being obnoxious at the table. You really need the skill to back it up, you can end up with several strong players players gunning for you. Slowrolling in particular will paint a target on your back and make you public enemy at the table. The tides can change quickly and you'll be on the receiving end of some nasty remark when the villain scoops the pot

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone who talks S*** at the table I label them as a fish straight away
good players SHOULD understand that provoking fish will either make them leave or just add massive variance by making you play differently because they're splashing around I agree with TheGenera1