Epic 30+ rebuys then win story ( rumour)

jimmajamma42000

jimmajamma42000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing our local Wednesday night pub tourney last night. As it often does the eternal rebuy debate came up, whether we should even have them, add more, add a top up. It was going no where as usual. That's when one of the guys starts going on about a game he saw with unlimited rebuys at $5000. He claimed Negreanu rebought thirty plus times an then won the tourney. That sounded excessive to me so I call B.S. or at least exaggeration. He was pretty insistent about it. Does this ring a bell with any one? Is there any one who "can confirm"?

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate rebuys in tournaments, i prefer just one life :p

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like real story - https://www.pokerlistings.com/rebuys-bad-hellmuth-worse-negreanu-talks-wsop-35998

His 48 rebuys in the $1k at the 2006 World Series of Poker remains a record, so you may be surprised to hear Daniel Negreanu's thoughts on rebuy tournaments being left off the newly released 2009 WSOP schedule.
"I still hold the rebuy record and I think I also have second, third and fourth," Negreanu told PokerListings.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, this story is fictional. Personally, I prefer tournaments without rebuys.