Emotions vs Math

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What u think is more important in poker ? Emotions Control or perfect math ...
Who must be more Winner ? A guy who have Control emotion , or a guy who always follow the math , bet and pay Just when he has the math with him ... ?

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Personally, I get emotional even thinking about Maths 😭

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is certainly necessary to control both very well.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With perfect math there is no emotions :D
But seriously, I think math is more important than emotional control. If you followed the math correctly then you should not be emotional about the result.

S

shobolanul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotional control > math.

in my opinion its like in life where the most intelligent people dont have enough confidence and will to succeed because they lack emotional intelligence.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I believe that there should be emotional control and good management of mathematics.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Combining both very well would be the best, being balanced and you won't fall, unless they do it for you hehehehe

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that to be a proftable player at poker you need both. Its a must, and thats why its difficult too be a Pro. If you dont control your emotions, you can't use the "perfect math", because you would be blind by your emotions... On the other hand, if you have your emotions in check, but dont understand the technician stuff, the rules, the odds, +EV etc, you wont have meaningful results on the long run

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
these two things should be together separately you're going to play bad poker so I think you don't need to choose between them these 2 aspects should be

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I could manage emotions, I would achieve more in poker, when choosing emotions or mathematics, by my example, of course, I will choose the first

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Any self-control in the game is a plus, knowing and controlling emotions are part of it. Sometimes a decision taken too quickly turns out to be wrong and vice versa, no one has a golden mean that guarantees winning, but self-control is welcome in a package with knowledge.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What u think is more important in poker ? Emotions Control or perfect math ...
Who must be more Winner ? A guy who have Control emotion , or a guy who always follow the math , bet and pay Just when he has the math with him ... ?
Hi.
In my opinion, the most important thing in poker is the patience of the player. Only a patient player will be able to control his emotions and make correct and effective decisions.
Good luck.

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Perfect math in controlled emotions with good instinct.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think both things are extremely important, but if you're mentally tired then something could fail.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe that it is more important to be able to manage and govern emotions, you can do well with mathematics but if your emotions betray you it will be difficult for you to achieve the objective although both are essential pillars on this path this game

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
both, but no matter how much math you take, luck you have to have :p

M

MCQUITAV02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
Both are important, It is useless to have emotional control, if you do not use mathematics correctly

J

JohnBlack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Emotional control slightly over math. And a very sobre mind!

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The emotional one, because if you're not well mentally you won't be able to do the right things.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are guided only by mathematics, then of course the chances of winning are much higher. But in that case it won't be much fun. After all, emotions are the basis of pleasure.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are very important in this game, sometimes the math shows you what decision to make, other times your intuition tells you what to do and then you make a decision, whatever it is you need to be lucky for the right decision

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both emotional intelligence and mathematics need the brain, so the head must be taken care of first.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Math first 60%, emotion second 28%, the last is instinct 12%…. Maybe im wrong….. but its my opinion 😉😁

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, controlling emotions is more important. Even if you are a professor of mathematics, but you have a problem with emotions, then it is unlikely that you will be able to make the right decisions, your emotions will prevent it.