Duplicating Chris Ferguson's $0 - $10,000 Challenge

mregister2

mregister2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently doing the same thing. I write about it on my blog.

I play in a lot of freerolls, and have cashed a few times. I've also gone broke a couple times.

My strategy is to play in the big, cheap tourneys where 1st or 2nd is a big prize.

I also like playing in the afternoon $.10 rebuy game on full tilt. Fifty cent rebuys and one fifty cent add-on. The top three usually take at least $100 each.

Good luck!

C

carpeamentum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm back from a break from poker. I came back in to play the May 30 OFC Freeroll and took 24th place for a little over $3. I have been playing $1.25 SnG games and sitting down with $1 to start for both .01/.02 and .02/.05 ring games. I am doing fairly well in the .02/.05 ring games, and plan to continue grinding that for a while, with maybe a few tournaments mixed in.

A

AceoftheValley

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also taking that challenge. My initial deposit was zero dollars. I am six months down the road and after a big win yesterday(180 sng with a $2.25 buy-in I took it down 1st place made me a net profit of $95) my total roll is at $380 and my roi way over 200% in your face nay sayers! I want to try and get to the $10,000 a year ahead (Dec. 2009) of Ferguseon though! Not a very hard challenge so far!

much luck,

Ace

C

CashinJen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck

Good luck in your attempt. I pretty much attempting the same thing since I am totally broke at the moment. I do know a way you can get a free 15 dollars. download bigbetpocker.com and upload your id and proof of residence and they will give you free 15 dollars to start with. then you also get rakeback through there rewards program so its not bad they use the merge network same as carbon

C

carpeamentum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in your attempt. I pretty much attempting the same thing since I am totally broke at the moment. I do know a way you can get a free 15 dollars. download bigbetpocker.com and upload your id and proof of residence and they will give you free 15 dollars to start with. then you also get rakeback through there rewards program so its not bad they use the merge network same as carbon

But I'll take a guess that to withdraw you would have to deposit. Seems to be the case on the majority of the sites. I like Full Tilt as far as the interface and the game selection, and I have built up a decent little bankroll at the moment (~$11).

Best of all though for this challenge is you never have to deposit in order to withdraw.... :)

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goodluck, its definitely doable. Won FPP satelitte that I cashed in for 11 Tourney Dollars 7 months ago, am now sitting just under 1500. Just made the jump to 50NL. Try to stick to proper BR, its the only way long term for it to work :cool:

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
won the freeroll to get into the ferg.but went to the cents table instead....and managed to get up to $100 bucks....but hey thats nothing to sneeze at.

C

Cool007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also taking that challenge. My initial deposit was zero dollars. I am six months down the road and after a big win yesterday(180 sng with a $2.25 buy-in I took it down 1st place made me a net profit of $95) my total roll is at $380 and my roi way over 200% in your face nay sayers! I want to try and get to the $10,000 a year ahead (Dec. 2009) of Ferguseon though! Not a very hard challenge so far!

much luck,

Ace

Good luck, if you suddenly do not get, do not worry. You have much to be proud of. I too was raised to $ 5. It is now $ 600 for a month and a half