Dumb move

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started today with a $5.50 PKO and blew it to be the bubble boy. I know I shouldn’t of done it but shit sometimes you would think no one will go because it’s hand to hand bubble and I’m in bb with AA MP enters 3bb I have 20 bb and am safe in 8th position. He shoved after the flop K84 rainbow. I him and haw knowing I should fold but the AA said you always turn into a pussy and play safe only to min cash because you’re afraid to risk your chips.He had a weak king K4s and popped the K on the River to knock me out. I know I should’ve folded and am going to be kicking myself for the next few hours. Would any of you done the same and went for it, or was the proper play?

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also the first time I bubbled out in almost a year. Shit feeling.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have raised the pot pre flop and the hand would have been over!

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A push to his 3bb and he would have folded. The hand was played wrong. If he called and won, it was just bad luck. Wipe away the tears and move on.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He would fold if you raised preflop it's a mistake I ve done usually especially if u hadn't many hands with that player

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A fold is exactly what you want in this situation!

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA on the dough is easy fold...bubble boy will always be no one wants to be one.Playing bubble in an expensive tournament should be extremely careful.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, you played well. I don't see the point of clamping down. You could play preflop allin if you were afraid to let your hands get into two pairs or higher.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He would fold if you raised preflop it's a mistake I ve done usually especially if u hadn't many hands with that player
I knew at the time and know now it was the right move. It is literally instinct to fold but it really feels that I always fold and I can’t get over the treading water bankroll because of my passive play. I fold an awful lot only to see the chips I would’ve had go to some schmuck that bet on crap and scored a bottom pair. But damn sure every time I say **** it you gotta win one sometime it’s never this time.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly feel I play too passive late stage never wanting to risk chips while I continually slide down the leaderboard . Then I’ll get hand after hand that is very bottom range or just out of position that I would’ve won only if I put in those three blinds to start. But if I do I flop 4/5 a straight 4/5 a nut flush and if I’m lucky third pair, having to decide to float the raise I’m facing. Every time.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have an unpleasant play, it is not difficult to fold aces.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why not just all-in pre-flop? 20bb during bubble? I believe it's a huge mistake and it was punishment for being greedy, surely you wanted to get more than just his BB and antes.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either all on the cloth preflop, or fold on the flop, unfortunately it's very hard to fold AA on the flop, so, all preflop. Even so, some will still pay you.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You fold AA on the bubble routinely, you may as well get used to being broke, if you can't afford to lose drop down in stakes or stick to free rolls.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All in preflop is the solution near the bubble with pocket aces.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

In everything I've been watching from streams, rarely does someone fold with AA in hand, obviously if you already studied your opponent and see it necessary, you have to do it.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your case, you made the AA slowplay mistake, and if you had raised, you could have won rather than lost.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. Buddy don't beat yourself up.. I probably would have done the same. I think a lot of people would do the same...

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise-reraise preflop, all-in, fold on the flop. It's simple. Slowplay naked AA? Wash the loop..:confused:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can't say you were wrong, it also depends on the mood you are in sometimes, we play the same hands in different ways, it's not a cliché and the game doesn't answer us the same way every time

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard call all day long.

I do not agree all those saying shove pre flop. We want to be getting value with aces so I would agree with making it 4x rather than 3x but going all in is -VE in the long term. All that does is fold old most of his hands that would otherwise call a standard pre flop raise.

When the flop goes heads up calling is the correct plan. If you were faced with a 3way all in on the flop before the action reached you then yes I can get on board with folding.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Started today with a $5.50 PKO and blew it to be the bubble boy. I know I shouldn’t of done it but shit sometimes you would think no one will go because it’s hand to hand bubble and I’m in bb with AA MP enters 3bb I have 20 bb and am safe in 8th position. He shoved after the flop K84 rainbow. I him and haw knowing I should fold but the AA said you always turn into a pussy and play safe only to min cash because you’re afraid to risk your chips.He had a weak king K4s and popped the K on the River to knock me out. I know I should’ve folded and am going to be kicking myself for the next few hours. Would any of you done the same and went for it, or was the proper play?

It was an emotional decision.

Two pairs or three of a kind was screaming.

But stay calm, and don't repeat the same mistake.

Analyze the opponent and situation more.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why not just all-in pre-flop? 20bb during bubble? I believe it's a huge mistake and it was punishment for being greedy, surely you wanted to get more than just his BB and antes.

No reraise preflop on the bb. Out of position, trying a tricky play. I usually have no luck with AA and it’s an automatic raise for me. Would they still call a raise? If maybe, then you shove, rather win what’s there. Just my 2 cents.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Like some of the others, I am re-raising pre-flop. With K4o, the villain is most likely going away.