Drought

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm currently going through the worst drought of wins I've ever had.

6+ Months without a win.
What's the worst drought you've ever had?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

6+ Months without a win.
My buddy that sounds really rough. I've had probably about the same....but keep your chin up and don't neglect your study time, and it will pass...you'll come out smiling:D:smile:

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

6+ Months without a win.
Hello, I have never won a tournament at all, the maximum reached the second place, but sometimes I get into the prizes! If you meant that you have been playing in minus six months, then I do not even imagine how you can not get angry and not break your computer! I want to wish you more lucky white streaks and win big tournaments, be patient and one day you will be very lucky! Good luck!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

6+ Months without a win.

If I feel like I'm getting into a long drought of no significant cashes, I tend to switch to some sit n goes. Just 9 man. Helps get the confidence/belief back when you do get some 1st or 2nds!

Plus its nice to hopefully start seeing the BR going back in the right direction!

Hope you get out of there soon! Maybe the half price Sunday storm could be the one??

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am hoping the drought will be over here soon as well. Our dugout where we get our water for spraying has came down about 4 feet. Thank goodness we aren't trying to water animals from it. I have a hunch our well is almost dry as well. Although I am usually not a big fan of snow I guess we really do need lots this winter to replenish soil moisture.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's hard

6+ Months without a win.
I didn't earn my more for a long time, a couple of weeks ago, I was able to win $120 in a freeroll so I was excited to keep playing.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
frustrating

I didn't earn my more for a long time, a couple of weeks ago, I was able to win $120 in a freeroll so I was excited to keep playing.
but oddly enough I won 120 in freeroll but when I buy start returning everything to the site and frustrating

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I, too, have not been doing very well since the beginning of this year.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That really hurts... I'm playing cash games when I have no earnings a long Time. O I take a break

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

6+ Months without a win.

Until today I have played other games of chance, but with little profit, the truth to find an easier way to have fun to put into practice my knowledge and strategies and maybe win some money, is poker, I am not the best poker player, but when the chance is on my side there is nothing to stop me because all the moves are successful, but when I'm bad everything goes wrong and the worst player wins.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At poker stars its been over 2 years for me so I’ve really not been player there much at all. Other poker sites its been more like a roller coaster ride with shorter ups and downs.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

6+ Months without a win.

Dude, do you think it might have anything to do with calling quads with A high?
Just joking bud. That was a brutal game.

At the end of the day, you get from it what you put in.
You're playing what, 2-3 games per week?

You're gonna need to do something. I think the start is with hand reviews. Are you leaking where you could clearly stop the leak?

Personally, I think you have two or three things you could change.
1. Your Pot-sized betting with top pair top kicker is a bit overused. Vary it up a bit. GTO, I'm told has a C-BET closer to 33% pot.

2. When you hit 20BB, you seem keen to get it all in and walk away. In our home game 20 bigs can last a long time. Sit tight, fold more and wait for the hand instead of shoving A6o

3. resist the limping pots of Josh. either raise to enter...or fold and wait for something better.

4. Beware the check raise...especially from James...or me.

That should be enough to make it into third against that group!

;)

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is where bankroll management comes in along with discipline and you need to be careful on not letting your bankroll sink and drown. Know when to walk away and take some time off. Droughts are inevitable along with variance.

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play Sit N Go and I remember once going for weeks without a win. I took a pause and went back to basics. One of the problems was the more frustrated I got, the more clever I tried to be. It just made me worse.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win regularly and all this thanks to our daily and weekly freerolls. My bankroll is growing every week and I am quite happy with my results.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One year drought, working too hard for to focus

Longest drought I've had was one year. Working a lot of overtime, 6/12(6 days a wk, 12 hours a day). When I could sneak in a game, I was often tired or unfocused. I had the money to spend, but not the focus required.
When that job was over, I got back to normal hours, and normal EV.
Anybody who plays poker has droughts, not many will admit, though. At least you know when you're in a bad stretch, it will turn around for you, good luck going forward.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On average, this is a week for me. Not more. Usually, if I see that I'm unlucky I just take a break. A break of a few days saves money and nerves.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

6+ Months without a win.

Dear colleague, in poker it is normal to go through this type of drought because we do not always get the best hands, it is necessary to know how to lose in order to measure the mistakes for future games.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all for the replies, it's made me feel a lot better about my game.
The drought has been broken! (Kind-of) Came 3rd in the CC league bonus game (which had a money prize) and then had a real live game with friends (the friends I've been losing to online for 6 months) and got 2nd.

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely can relate. I went on an insane run for almost a whole year and i was running unbelievably good. Then out of nowhere i just started running so bad it almost made me want to quit playing poker completely. It happens. Even pros have some run bad and bad streaks. I believe it always will get better eventually.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

6+ Months without a win.
I'd say about 6 months back in the 80s before online poker. Yeah, every top pair got beat by two pair. Every two pair got beat by a set. Every set got beat by a straight. Every straight got beat by a flush. Every flush got beat by a full house. I even had ace high flushes beaten by straight flushes. After a few months I changed my strategy and started playing in bad beat jackpot games. I won the big end of two bad beat jackpots within two weeks of each other which helped to minimize my losses. After 6 months seemed like someone flipped a switch and all the bad beats went away. Hope to never experience that again.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say for me it would be a tie between 1988 and 2002. 1988 was what could be referred to as a hot drought with the crops pretty much having no chance by the middle of June. I remember the thermometer hitting 42C on June 8th! 2022 on the other hand was cold with no rain whatsoever. I remember it freezing on July 31!!! and then on Aug 2.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I've had a 6 month drought. I broke a 3 week drought last night. Woo Hoo.